Got into a fender bender

JasonMSP

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
Had a truck run into me while I was at a stoplight today. (rant) Didn't do much damage, just tweaked the bumper a bit. I called the police and they made a report. The driver of the truck was given a ticket. I have already called my insurance company to report the accident. This is the first time I have been in a wreck, any advice? It shouldn't be hard to find another bumper right? Is it hard to match the Titanium color of the car?

Driver Rear (Lower Lip):
DriverRear.jpg

Passenger Rear:
PassRear.jpg

Rear Bumper:
RearBump.jpg

That sucks but the damage is low. Should be super easy to just get a new bumper and slap on there, I think so atleast :).

EvilMSP said:
That sucks but the damage is low. Should be super easy to just get a new bumper and slap on there, I think so atleast :).
That's what I'm hoping.

EvilMSP said:

now way easy fix & pait, low cost fix.

$200 - $300 depending on if the fome is crushed (mine wasnt, when I got hit)

cost was $125, for repair and paint (read it off the Bill, insurance paid)

(mine wasnt poped out of place and dint need body work) the trunk did and its cost was 275$ somewheres around there if I remember corectly

I had the same thing happen to me, I had a dent from a delivery truck on my trunk, It was a hit and run so instead of paying the deductable and putting on my insurance, I was going to get it done on my own, but I was cruising on the freeway and 2 cars wreacked infront of me, I slammed the breaks and stoped about 3 feet short of them, but 5 cars 1 after the next piled up behind me. I was lucky because the guy behind me stoped before hitting me but was hit so hard he went into me, the knetic energy I felt that day was ****** up. The car behind me had a slightly damaged front, but ****** rear, and the 3 cars behind him were accordians, and the last cars front was ******, be I had the exact damage as you minus the licence plate imprint. Because I didnt hit the guy infront of me, I had no responsibility and paid nothing, and they fixed the whole rear end trunk and all.

out of all 8 cars involved I was the only one without responsibility, and I didnt even have my licence yet (I got my permit 2 weeks after I bought the car, I never had a need for it, my girl has hers for 7 years so shes was with me, [how many people do that? get the car then the licence!])

******* tailgaters, serves them rigth (NOBODY WAS HURT, THATS THE MOST IMPORTANT, THING, BUT AFTER THAT......)

Last edited:
I was just figuring he could get one new already painted, just an assumption though, never happened to me before.

Back