Goodbye MSP, Hello RX8

Alejo_NIN said:
i'm glad you didn't take it personally....

I never do. Everyone doesn't have to like your car. People dogged the Focus I had, people dogged the MSP, I am used to it. It's all good (cool)

btw are they really gonna stop making rx-8s ? and why ? what about the rumored FI mazdaspeed rx8 ?

Alejo_NIN said:
Hmm, congrats on the new car...am i the only one who just hate rx-8's....:)

NOPE! I definately do too. Kinda a turd for mid 20 thousands. Why not buy an EVO8 or WRX? AWD plus forced induction, over slow and saturn doors? Eeeh , just not my style. But buying a new car is always super exciting, i just got my MSP as a new DD, so I am excited about it. Congrats on the purchase and getting a nice clean ride :)

Yes, join the dark side muahahahaha. Actually I'm happy for you, I know you love it because i've rode in both an MSP and an Rx-8 and th e8 has quite some personality and vigor that the MSP comes close to, but can't replicate. The 8 actually drives alot lik emy car, just with torque. Have fun with it. You know the whole drinks gas and oil thing right? alot of new 8 owners don't know about the oil and they kill their engines in the first year.

P.S. I wasn't protege bashing, but my heart lies with rotary.

FSDET said:
btw are they really gonna stop making rx-8s ? and why ? what about the rumored FI mazdaspeed rx8 ?
no, they will continue production, there was a small tech improvement and upgrade that Mazda has to do to every 06 before they release them on the market.

Boosted03MSP said:
........ over slow and saturn doors?
Show me a slow Rx8, I'd like to see one. You haven't driven one yet. I've had first hand experience with both the MSP and the 8. I gotta say the 8 felt faster(of course this comes at a matenance price). Back to your compairo to the EVO and STi the 8 has more luxury. It's like compairing a cadilac CTS-V with a Corvette. Yeah the orvettes faster for the same price but the CTS-V has it's own audience of customers plus plenty of speed for the money. The Rx-8 is the same, just reliable.

I'm not asking you to like the car, i'm just making your arguement less baised by offering both sides of it.

Boosted03MSP said:
NOPE! I definately do too. Kinda a turd for mid 20 thousands. Why not buy an EVO8 or WRX? AWD plus forced induction, over slow and saturn doors? Eeeh , just not my style. But buying a new car is always super exciting, i just got my MSP as a new DD, so I am excited about it. Congrats on the purchase and getting a nice clean ride :)

Why not buy a SRT4? Better built motor plus more power? Called personal preference. Sure I could have bought a EVO, a WRX, or a STI....but I was over the boy racer look (not that I don't love the cars. Just wasn't were I was heading anymore). I wanted something sleek, more professional, RWD, a coupe, and something I enjoyed driving and enjoyed looking at inside and out, everyday. S2K is a convertible and no rear seats. 350Z does not have rear seats and I preferred the 8's interior. Also, there are 3 in my club already. Sorry, I don't live life by the 1/4 so I don't compare 1/4 times vs others nor do I compare HP numbers to others. Thats just not who I am. I drive it daily and will be taking it to the auto-x and local road course. Again, just a matter of preference. People said the exact same thing to me when I bought the MSP. They told me for 21k it was slow, a pos, the motor wasn't built and just had a turbo slapped on, it ran 15's, it made pathetic numbers for a turbo car and I should have bought a SRT. Well, compared to cars in its class, the interior was better, the chassis was better, the feedback from the car was better, the handling was better, the rare-factor was there, the price was right and I LOVED the car better than all the others despite its lack of HP. I am sure many of you would agree since you own the car, right? I don't even regret my choice in picking the MSP over its competitors. I love that car and do miss it.

It's all good. Thanks again for the compliments.

mdaj said:
Why not buy a SRT4? Better built motor plus more power? Called personal preference. Sure I could have bought a EVO, a WRX, or a STI....but I was over the boy racer look (not that I don't love the cars. Just wasn't were I was heading anymore). I wanted something sleek, more professional, RWD, a coupe, and something I enjoyed driving and enjoyed looking at inside and out, everyday. S2K is a convertible and no rear seats. 350Z does not have rear seats and I preferred the 8's interior. Also, there are 3 in my club already. Sorry, I don't live life by the 1/4 so I don't compare 1/4 times vs others nor do I compare HP numbers to others. Thats just not who I am. I drive it daily and will be taking it to the auto-x and local road course. Again, just a matter of preference. People said the exact same thing to me when I bought the MSP. They told me for 21k it was slow, a pos, the motor wasn't built and just had a turbo slapped on, it ran 15's, it made pathetic numbers for a turbo car and I should have bought a SRT. Well, compared to cars in its class, the interior was better, the chassis was better, the feedback from the car was better, the handling was better, the rare-factor was there, the price was right and I LOVED the car better than all the others despite its lack of HP. I am sure many of you would agree since you own the car, right? I don't even regret my choice in picking the MSP over its competitors. I love that car and do miss it.

It's all good. Thanks again for the compliments.

well said (enguard)

i like the rx-8....but i think the rx-7 is the sexiest!

[quote='87 Turbo II]Yes, join the dark side muahahahaha. Actually I'm happy for you, I know you love it because i've rode in both an MSP and an Rx-8 and th e8 has quite some personality and vigor that the MSP comes close to, but can't replicate. The 8 actually drives alot lik emy car, just with torque. Have fun with it. You know the whole drinks gas and oil thing right? alot of new 8 owners don't know about the oil and they kill their engines in the first year.

P.S. I wasn't protege bashing, but my heart lies with rotary.[/quote]

Haha, thanks. Yeah, I have done research on this car since it showed as concept. I avg 20mpg and check my oil regularly. No bitching from me as I knew how rotaries were and what I was getting into.

FSDET said:

No word on an official true Mazdaspeed RX8. Also, I assume you are referring to 06 models? Mazda was sorting some things out. Retooling the plant due to fire, taking care of RX8 recalls, and getting lots of other things off the ground. The 06 models are shipping out to people now and should be hitting dealer lots as well. As far as plans for a future model or model refresh, nothing yet.

welcome to the family mdaj! :) now you better be hitting that redline daily :)

(actually, almost quite to the redline, I find that shifting around 8300-8500 is the fastest. But then the first gear runs out fast on you.)

Latest posts

Back