good news for people looking for wheels for protege

Autox MSP

Banned
:
I drive a caution cone
Our options were limited for wheels because of our odd bolt pattern and high offset. Well theres good news, 2005 imprezas use 114.3 bolt pattern and also they use the offset and hub diameter as us. Meaning there will soon be lots of new wheel options for us.

Many wheels do not come in 17 by 7 48mm offset, other then subarus. Sure you can run 42mm offset with 205 width tires. I for one plan to run 225 for racing purposes. Only way for one to get a wheel with 48+ offset is to go with a expensive japanese wheel since most cheaper wheels come only in 42mm to 40mm offsets. I've tried looking.

I just checked some info and all the impreza's for 2005 that I saw sold in North America have 5x100 bolt patterns.

what impreza's are you talking about??

The 5 lug pattern on Proteges is one of the most common 5 lug patterns out there.

Yeah, I have not tried many wheels on my car to test offset.

I race with first gen Probe GT wheels.... They required just a little bit of spacer to make them fit properly.

evolv said:
I just checked some info and all the impreza's for 2005 that I saw sold in North America have 5x100 bolt patterns.

what impreza's are you talking about??
as far as i know its only the 2005 STI that is running our offset now, but non the less we should hopefully get a little more support b.c of that .

Autox MSP - Only the MY05 STi has the 5x114.3 pattern w/ +53mm offset. These would work. But you'll be paying out of the nose for a set of those STi/BBS wheels.

BBS also makes the RGR and a couple of other wheels in that bolt pattern and +50mm offset (depending on width). These are JDM or Euro market wheels only though.

HorsepowerFreak said:
Yeah, I have not tried many wheels on my car to test offset.

I race with first gen Probe GT wheels.... They required just a little bit of spacer to make them fit properly.
I going to see if my 2nd gen PGT wheels will fit on the msp. I think they have a 48mm offset but I cant remember. Cant hurt to try. I have three sets of pgt wheels damn it. Need to find something to do with them.

Back