Good Mechanic in Wichita?

service shop

MyZmZm said:
Anyone have one they'd recommend?
I don't have any suggestions in that I haven't done any service to mine yet. But please let us know if you do find a good shop and share the info. Thanks.

Alan

what do u need done i can do any thing let me know. if its major stuff like motor swaps turbos ext. fushion works there awsome there A+.

ForBidden said:
what do u need done i can do any thing let me know. if its major stuff like motor swaps turbos ext. fushion works there awsome there A+.
good to know, thanks! do you work at a shop? i don't live there yet, but i will need some work done once i do move :)

i will be moving to the west side of wichita; whereabouts are you? iirc, tom03es mentioned that you were in town... i'm going to need some protege buddies once i move, lol :D

lol i use to live on the west side at centril and tyler but i moved to andover. i come to wichita every day thoe. i use to work a a jiffy lube but i got my ase certification threw them i hated thoes test but i live in andover now i have a big garage in my back yard were i work on my cars. were about on the west side u moving at? when u move here ill show u were the street races are and we can all hang lol.

West SIDE!!!!

If I have to take my car to a shop, then I've really screwed something up. With the Factory Service Manual for the Proteges online, a garage full of tools, and a stubborn-thickheaded-cheap-ass-go-get'em attitude I can tackle just about anything myself. Or at least try. Big things like engine rebuilds or transmission work (other than clutch jobs) I would probably take somewhere unless I could afford to have the car off-line for awhile.

I live on the west side too off of Tyler in Wichita. Let me know and I can help also.

Here is my shop-

DSCN0495.jpg

That goes for anyone here with a Mazda. :)

yay for new friends :D

i agree, i prefer to work on my car myself - at least i know what has been done, and that it's done properly - but as i have very limited knowledge and experience working on cars, not to mention a very limited set of tools, most jobs are too complex for me to tackle on my own. that being said, if someone is willing to take the time to work with me on my car and show me how to do things, i am a very quick and eager student :) i WANT to learn how to do more on/with my car so i don't have to always go to a shop.

unfortunately, it looks like i'll only be moving to town later this summer or into the fall - stupid immigration/government process times - but when i do i will be out close to Goddard, only a few blocks from Tom03es, lol.

MSpeed68 said:
I live on the west side too off of Tyler in Wichita. Let me know and I can help also.
That goes for anyone here with a Mazda. :)
sweet shop!! that's what i'd love someday, lol. btw, what's the muscle car out front? me likes a lot :D

I worked in an engine shop in Denver before I joined the Army working on everything from chevelles to b16 swapped del sol to fuel pumps on a 94 caravan. The only thing I cant do is exhaust work.

i'm really looking forward to meeting everyone when i finally move down... unfortunately, it looks like it will only be happening sometime in the fall :( stupid government. apparently they're currently processing visa applications (for immigration) from July of last year. wtf?

i guess i should mention though, i'll be in town for about a week the first half of march - likely the 8th to the 14th. if anyone would like to get together during that time (i'll be mazda-less unfortunately), that would be awesome :)

Back