Mechanic needed, got the P0202 error code

beefski

:
2013 CX-9 GT AWD Pearl White / Sand
Looking for a good/trustworthy mechanic on Staten Island.

Any suggestions/recommendations. Have the P0202 code.

Have 85K miles.

Last edited:
Injector circuit malfunction on cylinder 2.

It's either the injector itself, the wiring/connector/harness, or the Engine/Power Control Module.

It could be something as simple as poor contact at the connector. You literally disconnect and reconnect the harness/connector, but I don't think the fuel injectors are easily accessible without ripping off the intake plenum though (if you have a 2013).

Best guess, based strictly on the mileage of your car, I would say the injector itself. You can use a multi-meter and check the resistance on that injector and compare that resistance to the other working injectors. They should all read relatively the same.

Sorry can't help with mechanic suggestion.

Did you also not get a P0302 (Cylinder 2 misfire) code with that P0202 (not that it matters).

Last edited:
Injector circuit malfunction on cylinder 2.

It's either the injector itself, the wiring/connector/harness, or the Engine/Power Control Module.

It could be something as simple as poor contact at the connector. You literally disconnect and reconnect the harness/connector, but I don't think the fuel injectors are easily accessible without ripping off the intake plenum though (if you have a 2013).

Best guess, based strictly on the mileage of your car, I would say the injector itself. You can use a multi-meter and check the resistance on that injector and compare that resistance to the other working injectors. They should all read relatively the same.

Sorry can't help with mechanic suggestion.

Did you also not get a P0302 (Cylinder 2 misfire) code with that P0202 (not that it matters).
Yes it’s a 2013. It’s just the p0202 code. Is it difficult to get back there to work? Cyl 2 is firewall side in the middle, correct? This is the first issue we’ve had with it. Is it possible to check the connection with just the cover off or is it necessary to take 6 things off to get access?

Thanks

Yes it’s a 2013. It’s just the p0202 code. Is it difficult to get back there to work? Cyl 2 is firewall side in the middle, correct? This is the first issue we’ve had with it. Is it possible to check the connection with just the cover off or is it necessary to take 6 things off to get access?

Thanks
Yes, I believe Cyl 2 is the middle on the firewall side. I don't think you'll be able to access the connector with just the engine cover off.

It's not that difficult to get in there, but if you've never done any work under the hood, the task may seem a bit over your head. I found a YouTube of someone replacing fuel injectors on that 1st gen CX9. Take a look to see if you think it's manageable.

Only thing I didn't see in that video: you should depressurize that high pressure fuel line before ripping it off.

Also, keep in mind that it's highly advised to replace that air intake plenum gasket (as the video did) when you put it back together.

I saw that vid as well. Have to remove so many items to get back there. UGH.

Coil pack and spark plug replacement fixed the issue. Car runs great.

Coil pack and spark plug replacement fixed the issue. Car runs great.
Glad it solved the issue, but am confused about the trouble code vs fix LOL.

I would have thought that a spark plug issue would have given you a P0302 (Cylinder 2 misfire) and not the P0202, but I am only an enthusiast.

Back