gobble gobble still lingering

kmfdMZ3

:
06 MZ3s Sunlight Silver
So I followed both how to kill your turkey threads by 505zoom. I have the bov in vta on the cold pipe. stock bpv in place between the hot pipe and intake. tapped into the brake booster with one tee with a feed going out and tee'd off between the bov and bpv. it sounds like the bpv is venting right before the bov. i'll hear the turkey then the the bov will vent. im about ready to ditch the bov and just go upgrade the bpv. but since i already welded a nipple on the cold pipe i need to try to get this to work. should i add another tee in the brake booster line so i can have seperate feeds for the bpv and bov? any advice would be great.

So I followed both how to kill your turkey threads by 505zoom. I have the bov in vta on the cold pipe. stock bpv in place between the hot pipe and intake. tapped into the brake booster with one tee with a feed going out and tee'd off between the bov and bpv. it sounds like the bpv is venting right before the bov. i'll hear the turkey then the the bov will vent. im about ready to ditch the bov and just go upgrade the bpv. but since i already welded a nipple on the cold pipe i need to try to get this to work. should i add another tee in the brake booster line so i can have seperate feeds for the bpv and bov? any advice would be great.

i am having a similar problem. what BOV are you running?

i found that with the greddy rs if you loosen it up a bit you get a big woooosh sound but if you tighten it you get a really loud turkey.. not sure if it's bad for the car but it sounds cool and scares ppl lol

im running the gofastbits stealth fx in full vta. i notice if i let off the throttle first then engage the clutch i dont get turkey. sometimes i push the clutch in before letting off the throttle when im going fast. if im going full throttle and change gears quickly i get turkey or if i'm at around 2-3 psi i'll get turkey as well. if i have the bov spring too loose then my rpm's start to drop. never stall but it gets down like its about to stall. after switching it to the brake booster the bov definitely got louder, don't know why.

for the record mazdaspeeeeed that is very bad for the turbo. its called compressor surge and it is harmful to the turbo... the bov is suppose to sound like a loud woosh ftr lol

well make sure its not too loose otherwise it'll open under boost and you don't want that to happen.

It's hard to get rid of, at higher boost it will not be noticeable but at low rpm it can't be gotten rid of.

It's hard to get rid of, at higher boost it will not be noticeable but at low rpm it can't be gotten rid of.

i have notice i still turkey when i shift below 5 psi , sometimes i do it just to hear it again haha

i just did the bov/bpv setup and i only get the turkey and the bpv. dont even hear the bov. its a knock off greddy, it that matters. not sure. but i didnt tap into the brakeline vacume, like ur talking about should, and will that help out with the bov.

Last edited:
You did give it a vac/boost source right? Any will work but the one off the brake booster before the check valve is the one many like to use. As long as both the bpv and bov have a source it should work, if you didn't give it a source it will never open.

well i just hooked in, where the factory bpv was hooked up just put a t valve in and did it that way, should i switch it and just run one of the brake booster line and keep the other were its at

for the record mazdaspeeeeed that is very bad for the turbo. its called compressor surge and it is harmful to the turbo... the bov is suppose to sound like a loud woosh ftr lol

Eh, as long as you're running near stock boost, it's been pretty well established that the compressor surge we get isn't harmful to the turbo. A bone-stock MSP has the same amount of compressor surge, it just gets muffled by the intake.

If you're running a dual BPV/BOV setup, you've got nothing to worry about from a mechanical standpoint (unless you fubar'd something major on the install, and neither valve is opening). Any turkey you hear is just a cosmetic issue.

the compressor surge is a debate that has been going on here for a long time. anyway, I have the dual set up on my msp with the hks bov and i have no turkey at all! I did tap into the brake booster, but i did it twice one tee for the bov and one for the bpv. the cut must be made on the pass side of the check valve. you can feel it. make two separate vac sources for bpv and bov. also, make sure that the vac lines to them are as short as possible. hope this helps.

here are the photos of my set up hope this helps!

Attachments

• DSC00600.JPG
    DSC00600.JPG
    404 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC00602.JPG
    DSC00602.JPG
    586.1 KB · Views: 119
Back