GI/FS: Homebrew vacuum blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am interested in purchasing this, but i only need to run my bov and boost gauge off of it for now, how do i plug up the other 2 holes?

get 1/8" NPT plugs, or (ghetto option) dead end the lines together. Before I had my SSAFC in I had the port on the IM connected to one of them on my vac block, and had that T'd off to the BOV.

1/8 NPT plugs is ideal, deadend the lines i hadnt even thought of that... good idea im gonna do that till i get all my goodies for my block. the other super-ghetto option would be to try vacuum caps.

im desperately trying to get in the lab but first i have to finish this report after working on it overnight, but its a behemoth... looking like itll come in at about 72 pages. mostly charts and graphs, but still. this isnt my thesis and has nothing to do with my major, so i dont know how i was suckered into this torture.

well i wanted to get started yesterday, but i met a friend and started working on this. then i decided to stay up all night (working on this) to start on the blocks this morning, but that didnt happen. then i cut class to... you guessed it, work on this, with the intention of getting in the lab this afternoon. will i make it there? who knows.

unfortunately, my schedule is so unbelievably unpredictable i cant even guess anymore. i wanted half of these done by now but my other project took up all my time earlier this week, and now its on to this one. ive been in my own house for maybe 16 hours all week.

well i have a while, as I still need to finish up spring semester before i install this bad boy, so i can wait (thumb)

ok did make it into the shop today and started a little work. i did decide to skim down the edges a little on the mill and they look great. the first batch will probably be 8, and hopefully they will be ready to ship by wednesday.

anyone who wants in on the first batch of fittings should pay the deposit now - if you dont its no biggie ill probably get some spares, but if im out there will be a surcharge unless i have 5 or more people at a time.
interested parties who havent paid deposits will have a PM shortly.

do you know why its cheap? because it should be cheap. its a chunk of aluminum with 5 holes drilled in it and tapped. whats expensive about that?

AMEN. I have a nice anodized 6 port laying around, but I need a new brake booster line to use. Hmm, I may be in.

fittings orderings going in tonight - last chance!!

i will probably organize another GB mid-may but this may be a one-time thing!

received and marked.

i will hopefully be shipping 12 of these on wednesday.
just to note: the shipping order is based on the order people signed up, not the order they paid. i keep track of the payment order so i can easily verify everyones address.

if you really want to be in the first shipment PM me with even a half assed reason and im willing to accommodate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back