GI/FS: Homebrew vacuum blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
lookin good. if you are having trouble drilling on the curved surface try a flat bit
first to even out the surface then drill. just my .02

the holes are center-punched, then center-drilled, then they get the full Q bit. the issue with using a flat bit is its still a really small area that it first contacts, and since its circular, if its off like 1mm on the horizontal its off like 2mm due to the curve.

i might be able to smooth out the surface really nicely by skimming it down with the end-mill a little bit, then the punch and centerdrill would have a nicer bite and wouldnt magnify any mistakes, but its still one more step on a different machine and i want to see how much time these will take before i make the final call. worth considering though - thanks for the idea

got you on the list.
a couple people overpaid, you all have partial refunds.
as a reminder, 25 shipped for the whole kit

the test fittings came in today and indicated that i need to tap the holes out more (way more) before theyre gonna fit. its easy to tap deeper but once you tap its not easy to undo it. ill post some pics tomorrow if i get a chance to run the tap again.

yeah i was expecting the brake boost to support it, but if theres an issue, you could zip tie it to something (strut brace?) or could be creative with it. it weighs a couple ounces but itsnt too heavy

Looks good. How many are u planning to produce? Just see what my chances would be to snag one.

im thinking i should probably cap the list at 25 for now until i get a better idea of how how many i can make in a week... my time in the lab is starting to get thin (8 weeks damn) but i should clear 25 no issue by then. id just hop on the list

Looks good man. Im gonna paypal the 25 over to you right now.. Cant wait to see it.

EDIT: Paypal sent ;-)

Last edited:
updated pics - the fittings work, so
im going to order the bulk batch on sunday. if you want in on the first round, make sure your deposit is in!

also please note with NPT threads its common for them to stick out like that - its not an issue in workmanship, its a factor of the taper to give you a good seal. and these seal well.

Attachments

• IMGP2993.JPG
    IMGP2993.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 245
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back