GI: Clunk Fix Brackets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so, Obviously there is plenty enough people that want to see this happen.

So, right now my car is down because the brand new radiator that I put in it was leaking at the seams. So, I will be sending that out and getting a replacement sent to me then when that is fixed (about 1 week or so) I will be able to take the MSP to a shop and have the brackets made.

In the mean time I will source all the bushings and bolts and try to find the coller clamps at a decent price. And I will also be waiting for Evolv to get back to me about him going threw with his GB.

Anyone mind explaining to me the purpose of the coller clamp's? are they made out of rubber/plastic or what? I looked around and didn't really find anything on them.......

Ok so, Obviously there is plenty enough people that want to see this happen.

So, right now my car is down because the brand new radiator that I put in it was leaking at the seams. So, I will be sending that out and getting a replacement sent to me then when that is fixed (about 1 week or so) I will be able to take the MSP to a shop and have the brackets made.

In the mean time I will source all the bushings and bolts and try to find the coller clamps at a decent price. And I will also be waiting for Evolv to get back to me about him going threw with his GB.

Anyone mind explaining to me the purpose of the coller clamp's? are they made out of rubber/plastic or what? I looked around and didn't really find anything on them.......

collar clamps go on the sway bar amd stop the bar from having movement left to right. they are like a doughnut and the swaybar goes through the middle of each.

i had them on evolvs kit before he offered them and i got them from mcmaster.com if that helps. you might be able to source them cheaper. they are metal. metal will last longer, the stock ones are rubber with a metal band around it and once you break it they really dont work as well anymore. try to get them with SS screws cause they will rust under there.

collar clamps go on the sway bar amd stop the bar from having movement left to right. they are like a doughnut and the swaybar goes through the middle of each.

i had them on evolvs kit before he offered them and i got them from mcmaster.com if that helps. you might be able to source them cheaper. they are metal. metal will last longer, the stock ones are rubber with a metal band around it and once you break it they really dont work as well anymore. try to get them with SS screws cause they will rust under there.

Thats what I was thinking they were for but, I wasn't 100% on it...

Thanks for that info man! :)

Last edited:
This thread should probably be moved to the general Proteg FS section seeing as it applies to all Protegs who own an RB swaybar...it will also get a lot more viewings.
My 2

This thread should probably be moved to the general Proteg FS section seeing as it applies to all Protegs who own an RB swaybar...it will also get a lot more viewings.
My 2

(yes)

Seeing as both of us don't have MSPs. (lol2)

Since I never received a reply from Delsing and it's been 6 weeks...

1.) _Sloteg_
2.) dacquesta1
3.) IggyPop
4.) BlkWidow (depending on price)
5.) Ricktalife
6.) Satyr36
7.) Disturbedfan121
8.) ucMP3
9.) Patrickenator (depending on price)
10.) twistiert
11.) XxaltezzaxX
12.) speedpx
13.) HKPRO5
14.) mazdaspeedp
15.) Bluemica3.5 (depending on price)
16.) deadstock (depending on price)
17.) yudkib (depending on price)
18.) biz (depending on price)
19.) goku4658
20.) velokid (depending on price)

Delsing hasn't made these in years AFAIK (fairly sure evolv bought their design)...and their website hasn't been updated since the first time I saw it 4 years ago.

My 2
Yeah, I wasn't sure where to put this.

If a mod would like to move this please feel free to.

Just LMK what forum it get's moved to....

Just waiting on my radiator to get back to me so, once my car is back on the road I can have someone make the brackets I need....The bushings and collar clamp's are not hard to find but, the bracket's have to be made by a machine shop or a welder so that will be the hardest part in making this happen...

Trust me when there is some progress I will update everyone.

Edit: Just recived my tracking notice from RockAuto radiator should be here friday!

Last edited:
Ok, the car is back on the road so, hopefully I can start looking at shops to make the brackets next week!

I have looked on AXR's website to try and find some kind of contact number or email but, I came up empty. So, if anyone knows how I can get in contact with them please let me know....

His username on here is Evolv, I just saw him recently post so you could probably contact him through the forum and get a hold of him.

1.) _Sloteg_
2.) dacquesta1
3.) IggyPop
4.) BlkWidow (depending on price)
5.) Ricktalife
6.) Satyr36
7.) Disturbedfan121
8.) ucMP3
9.) Patrickenator (depending on price)
10.) twistiert
11.) XxaltezzaxX
12.) speedpx