GI: Clunk Fix Brackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Sloteg_

Proteg Type Arrr
Contributor
:
Mazdaspeed Sloteg & 2008 CX-7 Touring!<--Wifes
Ok, so seeing as how these are no longer being produced I thought I should see how much of a market there is out there for these to be reproduced...

I have sold things on this forum before and if there is enough interest in getting these made and, I can find all the spec's I need to have these made it will be done.

So, Please if you would be interested in buying one start a list.

Thanks
David

*Keep in mind that I have not looked into any production cost or anything so no pricing will not be listed untell I get quotes for the welding and bushings. Hopefully I can get the pricing under the AXR kit.*

*Also, Mod's if this in the wrong forum please let me know so I can correct it. And that no transactions will be made untell I renew my AMM status*

The current owner of the design may not like this idea....have you contacted them?

The current owner of the design may not like this idea....have you contacted them?
I have not thought of this very good point....I guess I'll have to contact them...

Was this a pattened product?

Also, I do not own nor do I know anyone with an AXR kit so this will not be an exact copy.

Last edited:

So what if the person who designed this decides to stock making them? Does that mean nobody else can make that product again? Just curious because I really need a fix for that damn clunk.

NOT patented.... so make it. there was over 50 people on the last "GI" that never happened

well since there are many people who want it, maybe the person who made it to begin with should get off their ass and make it again. just my .02 cents

NOT patented.... so make it. there was over 50 people on the last "GI" that never happened
If thats the case and there is not a problem with it being produced then I will make this happen.

People please start a list if you are interested.

I just think in the effort to make sure toes are not stepped on you might at least want to drop the guy a line. Odds are he wont care as he found reson to not make them anymore.
Just sayin......Not about patents....Its about courtesy.

1.) _Sloteg_
2.) dacquesta1
3.) IggyPop
4.) BlkWidow(depending on cost)

oh and this clunk fix...applies to the 2000es right? they are the same car minus a few differences in the front end...but all interchangable.

I just think in the effort to make sure toes are not stepped on you might at least want to drop the guy a line. Odds are he wont care as he found reson to not make them anymore.
Just sayin......Not about patents....Its about courtesy.
I completly agree. It was really just that there might be a demand for these and the fact that no one supplys them anymore that caught my interest. I really had not thought it out fully.

I have looked on AXR's website to try and find some kind of contact number or email but, I came up empty. So, if anyone knows how I can get in contact with them please let me know....

Also, didn't deseling(sp) make a clunk kit also or are they the same company as AXR?

Last edited:
oh and this clunk fix...applies to the 2000es right? they are the same car minus a few differences in the front end...but all interchangable.

I'm pretty sure the ES has a different sway bar and bushing size. So, maybe you would need just a smaller bushing size? If someone else knows please chime in.

1.) _Sloteg_
2.) dacquesta1
3.) IggyPop
5.) Ricktalife
6.) Satyr36

1.) _Sloteg_
2.) dacquesta1
3.) IggyPop
5.) Ricktalife
6.) Satyr36