GI : Big Brake Upgrade

Were the problems you were having with the machinest resolved? The hats made and such? The kit any closer to being done?

steve_protege said:
Were the problems you were having with the machinest resolved? The hats made and such? The kit any closer to being done?

it will be made (hopefully) real soon. we're just on another project at the moment and then this will come soon after.

curious as to what we're doing at the moment? 4-1 equal length (to within 3mm of each other) header with race style merge collector. all designed in CAD to be spot on. here's a cad pic :

Header01.jpg

yep, 2L and 1.8L.

we're finalising the price at the moment, but it will be in mild steel and coated. dont expect it to be cheap that's for sure. a place here in oz quoted us (trade) $400aud - about $300usd - just for the merge collector alone - hence the reason why we're building our own. why go to such effort for the merge collector? apparently this place made two up for an old school v8 that had a previous pb on the 1/4 mile of 9.6 seconds. they put on the merge collectors and did a 9.2 or 9.1. that's a massive increase in power - and just from a proper collector

Doesnt this involve cutting the caliper itself? I'd be a bit iffy on that one.

It's more like "notching" the caliper to be specific, but I was thinking, as long as the two are perfectly square with each other (so the caliper sits swuare, duh!) it should be fine. I personally like the look of the Mitsu calipers better, and they're bigger than the RX-7 ones as well. That being said, I can't find any for cheap, only the RX-7 ones are cheap.

Also Twilight, do the FC3S rear calipers work? The RX7 rear rotors were vented (thicker) so if we did a rotor swap too would it work?

Better sand that Mitsubishi off lol. Im not sure about notching the caliper either looks like it might weaken it pretty much. Those look like good size notches and its only aluminum. You might not have any problems but then again you might.

Back