Getting harder to get into the gear

Hey folks so, usually on a cold start I'm having difficulty getting into first gear. I don't want to brute force my way shifting to first gear after warming up the car, so sometimes I would start off from 3rd gear move a few inches then go to 2nd and then finally first, after Ive been driving for a while it shifting is good. Now sometimes shifting from 5th to 4th is kinda a bit dificult,
Is this the term "I am having a lot of play shifting?"
I do have new Corksport shift bushings that I need yet to install.

Bushings likely won't do much unless your stock bushings are completely gone which I doubt. Could be bad motor mounts or synchros. I would replace any broken mounts and put new gear oil in the trans first. Doubt it's the shift fork since it's multiple gears but it's possible, likely the clutch going out or synchros.

I'd have to say poor quality fluid. Generally if you have a failing clutch (pressure plate) it's difficult to engage when hot into first or reverse. IS it better once you've driven a few miles? If it were a bent shift fork, it would be specific to two gears unless you somehow absolutely destroyed all of your shift forks. And I can't even begin to imagine how someone could do that.. I haven't even done that.

@preferio

I have a similar issue. 2nd gear only is notchy as hell even when double clutch.

Hmmm freaking transmission related issue -.-, hornsfan10609 you already know I got a new trans (used trans w/~80k miles) in the fall from the dealer and installed, They offered I think 10k warranty/1 year. I am not sure if I went over 10k yet, but I should be nearing it, I think I'll call them.
*Trans oil should be good used trans installed the previous fall by dealer (I am not sure how often the oil should be changed)
* And yes Preferio It does get better after driving a few minutes and 5th is fine

Hmmm freaking transmission related issue -.-, hornsfan10609 you already know I got a new trans (used trans w/~80k miles) in the fall from the dealer and installed, They offered I think 10k warranty/1 year. I am not sure if I went over 10k yet, but I should be nearing it, I think I'll call them.
*Trans oil should be good used trans installed the previous fall by dealer (I am not sure how often the oil should be changed)
* And yes Preferio It does get better after driving a few minutes and 5th is fine
Then definitely sounds like it's a fluid issue...

Back