Getting closer to a Goat...

ChicagoKid

:
06 Speed6 & 06 FX35
I've been looking and researching, now I am very close to selling my MS6 and buying a 06 GTO, Pontiac.

I'm just looking for feed back from you guys. yes..., no... (yupnope)

I'd say no, for the main reason that you will loose your ass on getting rid of your MS6, and don't forget the money in parts that you have already spent. Also if I'm not mistaken it snows a fair amount in Chi-town.

LOLZ.

GOGOGTO.

Do the GTO. I did it. :)

Oh btw, expect to get ass-rapped with no lube posting that here.. *waits*

Last edited:
Now, to the topic..

Buying a GTO in the region you are in would be insane (like mentioned above). The GTO I am purchasing is coming from a "cold state" and I talked to the dealership there and he said "They just can't hack it." In other words, they don't sell because only a moron would buy a GTO with the weather conditions you are given.

Have you driven the GTO? If so, you would know that the ass end is as loose as a french *****. That + snow + ice + sleet + wtfever else = scary.

k-lea said:
Now, to the topic..

Buying a GTO in the region you are in would be insane (like mentioned above). The GTO I am purchasing is coming from a "cold state" and I talked to the dealership there and he said "They just can't hack it." In other words, they don't sell because only a moron would buy a GTO with the weather conditions you are given.

Have you driven the GTO? If so, you would know that the ass end is as loose as a french *****. That + snow + ice + sleet + wtfever else = scary.

I agree. You are going from AWD to RWD. AWD in the snow FTW..RWD in the snow FTL. Now if you do buy pick up a cheap subaru to beat around in the winter and you should be golden.

K-Lea.. this might be a good time to bust out those mspaint skills to show what rwd does in the snow. HAH

EVO - AWD
Miata- RWD
Road Conditions - Wet

pwned.jpg

Not really snow, or ice, or anything like that but it was damp. Imagine that 20387423489x's worse.

Just to clear things up so I don't get s*** for the incident..
Yes, we were racing, yes it was dumb. Yes, I realize the EVO is fastar, but, the MSM was a good race with a stock EVO so I took a chance. I did NOT hit the EVO. I made sure we were a couple of miles away from any traffic behind us before we down shifted and took off...blah blah blah..

BUT, this does go to show you how different a RWD and AWD car handles road conditions. The EVO didn't even flinch when he hit a puddle as where the Miata got stupid.

I like the GTO, obviously, but I'm in Texas and we don't get a lot of crap-weather. Also, keep in mind that if you are doing long commutes, the GTO has HORRIBLE mpg. This will not be my daily driver nor will I be taking it on long cruises, unless it's a meet, so I'm not too worried about it. Another thing, have you looked at the aftermarket for the car? Some of it is not so cheap. The cheapest thing I have found is suspension and those come in awesome packages (Pedders). BUT there is a ton of am support on these cars.

Where have you done your research? Are you a member of the forums, if so, you might want to check out the thread where one member has just hit 100k miles and he tells it all. What he has had to replace, etc.

I've been spending the past 4 months or so of my life researching this car..
...now it's time...

Good luck!

Last edited:
and to the original poster, NO, you should not get a GTO, both due to financial as well as practical reasons

unless you can afford to keep the MS6 AND get the GTO as well...

Jesus Christ, thats a GOAT.......................oh the memories that brings back. Nice car, sounds incredible.........

Klip said:
Jesus Christ, thats a GOAT.......................oh the memories that brings back. Nice car, sounds incredible.........
You haven't even seen a half of it..

What exactly is making you look into a GTO anyway?

I had a Mustang before my MS6 - and honestly I prefer the understated, 'high-tech' approach to speed vs. the unrefined beast.

Anyway, aren't GTO's comparable to MS6's? Around 13's stock?

k-lea said:
Where have you done your research? Are you a member of the forums, if so, you might want to check out the thread where one member has just hit 100k miles and he tells it all. What he has had to replace, etc.
Yup... LS1GTO and G8 forums. I found a lot of my answers as I did in this forum.

Back