GB: Signature Products Oil Catch Cans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking to do option 2, but I already had my VC powder coated last year. Can you do option 2 without having to powder coat it again and is their a price difference. What would the turn around time be, this is my main car to get around in.

The valve cover can be machined without affecting the finish. If you let me know what finish you would like on the catch can set, I can have them ready to go. That way once the VC gets here, its an immediate turn around time. The machining service can be done no extra charge. Send me a PM and we can discuss the catch can configuration for your needs.

Thanks and sorry for the super late response!

The valve cover can be machined without affecting the finish. If you let me know what finish you would like on the catch can set, I can have them ready to go. That way once the VC gets here, its an immediate turn around time. The machining service can be done no extra charge. Send me a PM and we can discuss the catch can configuration for your needs.

Thanks and sorry for the super late response!
pm sent

Put me down for a catch can, coolant tank and a cold air box, please and thank you.

Maybe I'm confused but where are we seeing the cold air box and these other products? I've only seen the catch/pcv system...

I didn't have a whole lot of options for mounting mine. I have the full Injen CAI, and I already have a coolant overflow can, so the only place I had room was in front of the battery. I came really close to mounting the battery in the trunk, but the rats nest of wires underneath the battery tray made me shy away. It would take forever to clean up that mess.

I used strips of aluminum to make a cross support and a piece of steal from an A/C unit to make the bracket. I cut off the post on the front of the battery tray, and I used the stud on top of the transmission mount to bolt it down.

There is precious littler room between the black and red can and the hood and it is basically sitting on the motor mount.

Here's a couple pics of the bracket I made, the cross supports, and then mounted in the bay. Still waiting on hoses before I can fire her up again. She's been in surgery for three weeks now.

nIpC0.jpg

HPsPg.jpg

bA9T0.jpg

No, I followed the recipe before I mounted them, so only bought the 90 degree for the valve cover, rest are straight, so the hoses will bend around a bit. All push lok. If they aren't flexible enough I'll have to order the 90s. I am hoping it isn't too bad because the 90 degree angles are way more expensive than the straight hose ends.

Last edited:
No, I followed the recipe before I mounted them, so only bought the 90 degree for the valve cover, rest are straight, so the hoses will bend around a bit. All push lok. If they aren't flexible enough I'll have to order the 90s. I am hoping it isn't too bad because the 90 degree angles are way more expensive than the straight hose ends.

Thats for sure, they are like double the cost of straights. Depending on the hose brand, you should be ok if you ordered enough length. Parker and Earls are very flexible. Not sure about any other brands. A great website to get hose and hose ends from is www.performancedynamicsspeedshop.com

Yeah that's where I got both the hoses and ends. Should be here today or tomorrow I would guess. They didn't include a tracking number with the invoice.
I got 4' of the 8 and 3' of the 6 as you suggested, it should be enough. The cans are pretty close to the maf with my CAI in, but I think the hoses will be above it. If not, I'll order the 90s.

What filter medium is being used? Also what made you choose this design? It seems that the filter is on top versus having a filter medium (such as steel wool, etc.) inside the canister.

Last edited:
What filter medium is being used? Also what made you choose this design? It seems that the filter is on top versus having a filter medium (such as steel wool, etc.) inside the canister.

Not sure what makes you think theres a filter in the top?? There is stainless steel packing just below the head. Enough to slow down air vortexing, but not enough to impeded air flow. The choice of design was created out of the need for something unique, but effective. The swirl created inside the tank keeps the sludge contained. This is where those square tanks fall short.

Yeah that's where I got both the hoses and ends. Should be here today or tomorrow I would guess. They didn't include a tracking number with the invoice.
I got 4' of the 8 and 3' of the 6 as you suggested, it should be enough. The cans are pretty close to the maf with my CAI in, but I think the hoses will be above it. If not, I'll order the 90s.

So the hose is fairly flexible, but the AN hose ends are so long the one on the breather actually hits my MAF with my intake back in. I ordered two AN8 90's today, so another week of waiting. I could just hook the VC back up to my Injen directly for the time being, which I'll probably do. The car has been sitting way too long now.

So the hose is fairly flexible, but the AN hose ends are so long the one on the breather actually hits my MAF with my intake back in. I ordered two AN8 90's today, so another week of waiting. I could just hook the VC back up to my Injen directly for the time being, which I'll probably do. The car has been sitting way too long now.

I REALLY hate to say this, and dont take it the wrong way, but this is the exact reason why there is a hose kit available for the tanks. I always encourage people to mount the tank where they want and then buy the hose to avoid these things as well. But most people dont have AN style wrenches and tend to scratch up the fittings when putting the hoses together. Another reason is making 50 trips to the hardware store because you forgot or didnt foresee something is never fun.

this is the main reason when i open the box of stuff from Signature i asked that everything be there to install it. I already have to deal with a bunch of AN hoses and fittings in the car so any that can already be done for me is much nicer.. the aluminum fittings and hoses are not the most difficult to deal with of you have done them before, but the proper tools make things so much easier.

edit.. i did not receive the install kit in the box.. I have now had to source and find all the parts needed for install

Last edited:
I wrongly assumed that purchasing a kit included the hoses, and not just the two cans. Had I known the massive cost of the hardware, I definitely would not have made that assumption. Lack of research on my part. I also figured I could just pick up the parts in town, another false assumption.

But had I purchased the hose kit from Brian, I would still have the exact same problem. Without actually having the cans themselves there is no way I could have determined exactly where I was going to place them and how much room I was going to have for the hose ends once they were installed.

I was actually going to suggest that CR3 make an option for barbed ports on the cans and VC. AN is overkill for a PCV system, and adds a lot of cost to a setup that would be equally as functional with cheap hose connectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back