Gauging interest: Rally Armor Mud Flaps

SayNoToPistons

Wheels, not rims...
:
CX-5 GT AWD w/ Tech, RX-8 GT 6spd w/ 'goodies'
The CX-5 seems to be a vehicle that is in need of real mud flaps. Plenty of dirt gets kicked up against the plastic trim, and often the door panels (especially in the rain). There is an OEM option which is very expensive and offers little protection. The Ebay/Alibaba Chinese mudflaps are cheaper, but still offer little protection. I have noticed a few chips on my doors from gravel/rocks kicked up by the front wheels. That's with urban driving, so I presume it would be much worse for those who travel on unpaved roads often.

Some may have heard of Rally Armor mud flaps. They offer REAL DEAL rally spec mud flaps for a variety of cars. From Evo's, STi's, to MS3's. Yes, I know they're not aesthetically pleasing, but they work. Unfortunately they do not have a custom fit kit for the CX-5 (YET). Choosing one of their universal kits would require drilling or custom brackets.

I have contacted Rally Armor, and apparently they are too focused on other vehicle application developments for now and "will consider the CX-5" pending "market evaluation with NO GUARANTEES". What I'm trying to do is get a few forum members who are interested in some real mud flaps to send them an email displaying our interest.

Those who think these are "ugly/cheap/unnecessary" have no reason to rant in here. We get it, they're not the fanciest nor the best looking.

Info:
http://www.rallyarmor.com/mudflap_faq.php

Contact- Click "Submit A Ticket" then "Sales":
http://www.rallyarmor.com/support/

rob_evo_1-1.jpg

IMG_5991.jpg

rally_car.jpg

IMG_4764.jpg

IMG_4761.jpg

Last edited:
I have OEM front and rear mud guards / flaps.....but I will admit that these look as though they offer much more protection (especially the front).

Bon

Hmm, I may actually be down for this. The oem mudflaps in the rear extend outwards a little like they are 1/10 of a fender flare which makes my high offset wheels look inset from certain angles... I think this will give a beefier look, without riding up the rear arch a little bit like the OEM. MSg sent oh... maybe we can help each other out check my signature link (camber arms) :)

btw this is what I sent. if you want to use it as a basis ok but don't send the exact same thing

Hi, I was interested in your products but was a surprised I do not see any offerings for the CX-5 in mud flaps (actual flaps and not a plastic guard). There are flaps available, but they are JDM and shipping is extra high. The other options are OEM and Chinese off brand mud guards, but these are more of an integrated design not a flap at all, and they really don't do much for anyone who is not running the sunken in mommy looking stock wheels. Looking at offerings for the Mazda 3, the prices seemed good, I would buy and so would others if they were made available. - Chris

Last edited:
Thanks for sending them an email. Hopefully more members will do the same. Doesn't hurt to have more accessories for the CX-5 market. Those mud flaps you posted would be ideal if they didn't have those lame texts all over it like you said and cost over $300 (LOL).

Yup, already sent CorkSport an email a while back. Along with display of interest in perhaps a set of coilovers.

Yeah, I may down with this also. I sent an email to Corksport about the camber arms, and will relay a message to Rallyarmor also. Unfortunately, I need to get some mud guards ASAP.

I actually think they look good, seem well made, and are very usefull. I was thinking about ordering from these guys after seeing this post on the forum last year. The set is available at what seems like a reasonable price. Unfortunately, aesthetics were discussed in the post more than quality or value. Since the form factor seems similar and I could not find any usefull details on materials to compare Rolblokz to Rally Armor, I would appreciate your - or any other forum member's -input on why one would be better than the other.

Last edited:
Not to bag on rallyarmor (they make great flaps) but RokBlokz already makes real flaps for the cx5. I love mine.

IMG_08371.jpg

I forgot about those. there are a lot of qq'ers on that thread though lol

Not to bag on rallyarmor (they make great flaps) but RokBlokz already makes real flaps for the cx5. I love mine.

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q411/lacrossebob123/IMG_08371.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Well well well. That makes this thread somewhat redundant. I'll have to read up on RokBlokz feedback on their products. May have to jump for these.

Ditto. For the money they look like they get the job done, and I like some "no nonsense" additions to a car like the CX-5-- add a little more of the "utility" into CUV.

Well well well. That makes this thread somewhat redundant. I'll have to read up on RokBlokz feedback on their products. May have to jump for these.

I've had them on my car for around 8 months now, I was the fitment car since the guy that makes them is in my area. They have held up amazing so far, they still look like they did the day I got them and install is a breeze. I really recommend them (i'm not affiliated in any way, other than they gave me free flaps)

I had some rally armor mud flaps on my 2009 mazdaspeed 3 and was very happy with them. I would absolutely purchase a set for my CX5 if they made them. Email sent.

Last edited:
Hmm. Just realize that this woud look even better because I'm lowered. Just need to decide if I want to buy rockbloks, wait for rally, or keep what I have (they weren't cheap lol).

Hmm. Just realize that this woud look even better because I'm lowered. Just need to decide if I want to buy rokbloks, wait for rally, or keep what I have (they weren't cheap lol).

There are a few differences between rokblokz and rally armors. The main difference is the rally armor flaps are floppy, while the rokblokz are rigid. As far as pricing goes the rokblokz are cheaper (compared to the urethane rally armors). The rokblokz are 80 shipped whereas the rally armors are between 130-160.

Some people prefer the floppy flaps some people prefer the rigid ones, I think it is a matter of preference though.

Hope that helps.

There are a few differences between rokblokz and rally armors. The main difference is the rally armor flaps are floppy, while the rokblokz are rigid. As far as pricing goes the rokblokz are cheaper (compared to the urethane rally armors). The rokblokz are 80 shipped whereas the rally armors are between 130-160.

Some people prefer the floppy flaps some people prefer the rigid ones, I think it is a matter of preference though.

Hope that helps.

I wonder if women drivers will like the rigid ones over the floppy ones?! wait, what are we talking about again?!

I should probably call my doctor. The ones on my cx5 have been rigid for way more than 4 hours.

LOL, that's pretty funny. I also find it funny you had posted your mud flaps in an earlier thread and almost everyone was flaming you for them, but now everyone wants them. Kudos for being the (possible)trendsetter.

Last edited:
Back