Gauging Interest: Protege Garage Instrument Cluster Dual Gauge Pod

Sushi-Monster

Sparco Freak!
:
Titanium Grey 2003.5 MazdaSpeed Protege
http://www.protegegarage.com

In there Interior section, last page, holds the glorious thing that many many MSP/Turbo/Air Induction junkies been waiting for... For a mere $20 more over conventional dual/triple a-pillar gauge pods, you can own a molded instrument cluster dual gauge pod... hell don't take my word for it, take a look at the following images! :D

bezel.JPG

installed.JPG

DSC01131.JPG

DSC01129.JPG

If there is enough intrested in such a thing, I'll try to organize a GB for this thing... hopefully this will spark some interest!

I believe there was also a thread about this product but I didn't bother searching too deeply for it... Hell it was about time we started a new thread on this anyways....

Sushi-Monster said:
I believe there was also a thread about this product but I didn't bother searching too deeply for it... Hell it was about time we started a new thread on this anyways....
Yes, there was a thread on this initially and still up. Right now we have no plans for a group buy. If there is sufficient interest however, we'll consider it!

-Ken
Protege Garage

melicha8 said:
I would say work on the quality. I can see imperfections in the product just in the picture
really - where by chance? the picture might not be the best but I can tell you straight out that quality is not the problem.

NRRfrogmanP5 said:
i dont see anything wrong with the quality from the pics....
the person who has it installed on his car doesn't see anything wrong with it either :D

I think these are the imperfections he's talking about. These are imperfections you'll find in any FRP part and are usually corrected when you paint it, just ask any decent bodyman in your area, just about all FRP products need some body work before painting. To correct, spray a guide coat on the part, block sand this will expose the lowspots, then lighly fill those areas with bodyfiller, block sand, guide coat, block sand again to make sure you have filled the low areas completely, primer and paint. I'd say judging from the pictures this looks like an excellent product but am wondering if the gauges block any of the idiot lights, and if so which ones.

Last edited:
Those are reflections I think. The one on the left is the black peice on the fuel gauge needle, and the other looks like flash reflection on a curve. Even if they are low spots they are easy enough to fix-80 bucks is cheap...not that I'd buy one but it's not bad considering the options.

Reffoxel said:
I think these are the imperfections he's talking about. These are imperfections you'll find in any FRP part and are usually corrected when you paint it, just ask any decent bodyman in your area, just about all FRP products need some body work before painting. To correct, spray a guide coat on the part, block sand this will expose the lowspots, then lighly fill those areas with bodyfiller, block sand, guide coat, block sand again to make sure you have filled the low areas completely, primer and paint. I'd say judging from the pictures this looks like an excellent product but am wondering if the gauges block any of the idiot lights, and if so which ones.
we fit the gauges themselves so that neither the clips holding the cluster in were blocked and that the idiot lights were as visible as possible. the one most affected is the ABS light

Captain KRM P5 said:
we fit the gauges themselves so that neither the clips holding the cluster in were blocked and that the idiot lights were as visible as possible. the one most affected is the ABS light

im lucky, i dont have an ABS light

Awesome! Next paycheck I'm ordering one. This what I've been waiting for. I took my dual a-pillar pod off because I was tired of people wanting to race me (I get enough of that with just the MSP spoiler and the BOV)

TXMazdaSpeeder said:
im lucky, i dont have an ABS light
even worse - i have ABS and until I made the first one of these i didn't even know there was a light for it :D

Whoa, I like this. Does it come painted? Can I get more of a matte finish?

This might push me into getting an EGT sensor...

Glowmunkey said:
Whoa, I like this. Does it come painted? Can I get more of a matte finish?

This might push me into getting an EGT sensor...
it comes painted in whatever color/finish you want - within reason. if you want it colormatched (IE - using mazda paint codes) it will cost a little more

Back