Gauging interest in Rota Torques

WetsuitxNinja

:
Mz3
Alright so I sent off an email to ROTA about having a run of Torques made for mazda's in general.

What specs would you guys be looking for?

Lug pattern, all are 5x114.3 right
Hub Bore 67.1
Offset, above 48 for 7.5
Sizes, I asked them about 17-18" versions ?

Anything else I should ask them?

This is just in the talking to stage, but I figured there would be some interest on these wheels. Im hoping for alot of interest so that I can lite a fire under their butts to get them moving on this (hopefully)

Rotawheels.com is their site.

Last edited:
Did you ask them only about the Torques or will this include all Rota models? I ask because according to their site, the Torque model is not available in any 16" configuration or a 17x7.

I would love to have a set of Rotas (the Torques are one of my favorites) but a 17x7.5 is a little too big for what I'm after....I would really like a set of lightweight 16x7 in gold (I think gold looks pretty good with Laser Blue, hey Subaru has been doing it for years!) or flat black.

I left it open, I gave them the popular sizes ppl on here have been after...16-18" Im not expecting a reply from them til after this weekend. Im assuming that if they see people really are looking for their rims

The torques are the whole reason I started this, cuz I want a set real bad but they arent mazda friendly. (wrong lug pattern, hub bore, offset blah.)

mountjonas said:
doesn't sandspeed have gold torques on his car? how'd he get those?

I knew I had seen the them in gold on someone's car! His looks especially nice with the blacked out car on gold wheels. If I'm not mistaken, his are 17's but I'm not sure of the width...hopefully he'll find this thread and help us out.

No idea, but if he does Id love to know where he got them and what offset hes running. On their site it lists they do have 17x7.5 with our lug pattern and a 48 offset but the hub bore is 56.1 (all the shops I have called)

17x8 with 48 offset 67.1 hub bore with our pattern is the only thing ive found that would fit, but ill assume it will stick out and probably rub.

you have to get the bore machined out a bit so it'll fit the hub.

Moonman8 said:
I knew I had seen the them in gold on someone's car! His looks especially nice with the blacked out car on gold wheels. If I'm not mistaken, his are 17's but I'm not sure of the width...hopefully he'll find this thread and help us out.

thanks man

i got the torques through a good friend down here in south florida, i was originally going to buy form autornd.com (rishie)

my set consists of 17x7.5"
45 offset
no rubbing whatsoever , lowered on tein s-tech

I thought they already made them for the P5 but just checked their site and all slipstreams are 4 lug??? There was a member who just sold some bronze ones on ebay that were a 5 lug bolt pattern....now I am confused..

Last edited:
RedHotP5 said:
I thought they already made them for the P5 but just checked their site and all slipstreams are 4 lug??? There was a member who just sold some bronze ones on ebay that were a 5 lug bolt pattern....now I am confused..

They do make them in 5 lug. Check jlbmotorsports.com

I'm interested!

Rota Slipstream custom machined hubcentric for 5 lug Proteges. 67.1.
Flat Black
17 X 7.5 at +48 offset
Shipping to Hawaii

What about Rota Competition's? They are in 16x7 size with a 5x114.3 lug pattern and come in +35 and +40. Anyone know of the hub size because if these fit a 2002 P5 then these just may be my next rims. Oh and on their site, they list a +48 offset for the Slipstreams.

WetsuitxNinja, good luck. A few years a go, Rishie worked with Rota to get the Battle done this way, after a YEAR of talking to them, they said that they would do a run of no less then 10 sets if they we PER-PAID, Rishie got 10 sets made amd they were pre-paid. Rishie got the orders in and we got the wheels. They have not been made since in the correct offset per-Rishie's reciope. I certainly hope you have as good a luck as we did. Just keep going after it, never give up.

Last edited:
5 sets of rims is all it will take to get them to provide us with the correct hub bore and offset that we need....

Im not sure if that is for the same exact wheels or if we can mix and match, so im waiting on an answer for that

PROGRESS!!!!!

Back