GAS prices, how much is it in your area?

Its 3.5X here depending on what station you go to. They are the highest they have been since 08. I find it funny that when gas was this high when bush was in office it was his fault yet gas has reach that level now and the media has not even mentioned Obamas name and gas prices in the same sentence until the other day where he announced he would start taking oil out of our reserves to help with the supply side of the equation.

Bush and Dick Chaney had more involvement with gas prices back then but at the same time China wasn't exactly BOOMING as much as they are now. China has increased the demand for oil and as I mentioned Dick had his hand in the the jar with his oil rich company. Just the economy and high demand right now. (I may be incorrect on some things)

ditto on the Los Angeles prices...I'm in northridge 91 is $3.89 and going up.

Bush and Dick Chaney had more involvement with gas prices back then but at the same time China wasn't exactly BOOMING as much as they are now. China has increased the demand for oil and as I mentioned Dick had his hand in the the jar with his oil rich company. Just the economy and high demand right now. (I may be incorrect on some things)

ditto on the Los Angeles prices...I'm in northridge 91 is $3.89 and going up.

Im not gonna argue because that was a well formulated argument. But actually china was seeing more growth as far as GDP in 2008 at 11.2% vs 2011 at 9%. This will be interesting to see as far as long run macroeconomics is concerned because it is impossible for china to see this amount of growth in the long run. I am a Econ major haha if you cant tell I love this stuff. Based on the evidence I have seen so far the quantity demanded for oil as far as barrels are concerned was a lot higher back around 2008 than they are at present times (It is back on the rise, or has been for the past few months). I and also my econ professors believe this is the reason for the fall in oil prices in the past years. There is economic evidence for this if you look on the BEA.gov website. It has been a while since I seen the chart so im not gonna try to dig it up. Honestly I think since the demand for oil has increased and the trouble in the middle east (not the war on terror) are adding to the hike in gas prices we are witnessing. Now I do not have a degree in Economics yet... But as far as I am concerned this is main driving forces in what we have witnessed. On another side note, I read a article from some economist somewhere saying that if we ever want to get away from oil and find alternative energy, gas prices need to be in-excess of 5-6 dollars a gallon.

Don't feel 2 bad! It's like that everywhere in Cali!

$4.09 for Cheap gas
$4.15-4.19 for Chevron, Shell, Union 76 stations

Yeah i gone up north to SF recently - not any better.
Here though some gas stations are straight up gauging prices. There is a Mobil on my way home from work which this morning had 4.89 for 91. And amazingly plenty of people are filling up there... wtf did everyone fail basic math in school???

Cheapest i seen was 4.09 at some no brand or Arco.

i lived in virginia till 04 and s*** there is expensive ........... (lol) Irving Texas 3.65 here $37.00 bucks to fill up (93)

damn, everyone of you guys are under $4...what the hell is up with the washington Dc area! bastards! I guess I'll have to travel farther just to get better prices....

Back then it was like $2.00 the most per gallon!! God damn it I just filled my tank up and it took $46 off me for 12 gallons if fuel!!!

Well what can we do, we wanted a performance vehicle and we got it, now we just alll have to suck it up and deal with the high fuel prices!! :(

Back