Garfield High School PTSA's Recruiter Ban

memo79

Contributor
:
2002 Black Mica P5
I was reading about this today, and I know it's not breaking news, as they voted on it over 2 months ago, but it just really pisses me off.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, this is the high school in Seattle, WA whose Parent-Teacher-Student Association voted to ban military recruiters from it's campus grounds. I have so many disheartening thoughts right now that I can't even organize them so that I can type them up here.
Army Chief of Staff General Peter Schoomaker just recently spoke in front of about 70 community officials at Quest Field, saying "It's their right to act that way" (referring to their decision to ban recruiters)

Yeah, it's pretty ironic how they're quick to exercise that right, but then turn around and slam the door shut when the chance comes to defend it.

It's more personal to me, I'm sure, because I'll be there (Iraq) in September.
It damn near angers me, the thought of how sheltered these kids are growing up, with their parents controlling every ****** little thing they do, hear and see.

I'm not typing this to get a reaction out of anyone, it's just to let off some steam. If you disagree with me, don't come on here trying to start an e-war.

Last edited:
Back