G-series 5sp Transmission: Complete Teardown & Rebuild w/LSD & 5th Gear Swap

found my problem.....right behind the spline the diameter is a perfect 30mm......the bore of the diff is like 29.7.....i have a napa axle cause my oem cv joint were shot to poo.....looking at getting the 1mm lathed off tomorrow hopefully....moral of this story must measure when looking at new axles....

a replacement should fit right in and not be a bigger diameter.. you sure napa gave you the right axle?

Positive.....the diff opening on my stoker is 31.5ish mm....i was bewildered.....had half aa mm latthed off and works like a champ.......gears are smooth ....now im just finding and fixing everything.....i should be driving it tomorrow ......woot woot

Someone nows if the lsd will fit a mazda 3? cuz is a G series Trans?

Will the Mazdaspeed Protege LSD physically fit? It 'should'. A number of the factory parts I purchased were from the Protege g series transmission. My parts guy at the dealership told me he could only find them listed for under the Mazdaspeed protege. Further, I installed an Mfactory LSD in my Mazda 3 (G35-MR); the part number for the Mfactory diff that I used is the same one guys used in their Proteges (28 spline model). Draw your own conclusions, but my thoughts are that the diff will fit as long as it's 28 spline.

i wonder what else interchanges?
are Mazda3 trannies stronger?

i heard of a guy attemtoing to install a 6 speed tranny and failed bad.

so, just by looking at the transmission from the outside, it seems right, but i was hoping for confirmation.

i have an '04 3, 5spd
is this the same transmission? or different but will work anyway?

donutz post seems to indicate that everything will be kosher, but i could be confused. im not very comfortable with the model acronyms (msp ms3 mx3 etc...) that yall use.

thanks in advance

so, just by looking at the transmission from the outside, it seems right, but i was hoping for confirmation.

i have an '04 3, 5spd
is this the same transmission? or different but will work anyway?

donutz post seems to indicate that everything will be kosher, but i could be confused. im not very comfortable with the model acronyms (msp ms3 mx3 etc...) that yall use.

thanks in advance

no, mazda 3's transmission is a variation of the protege transmission.
they may look the same but they are not.
i think internally there are some similarities though.

Hello Got a transmission problem can you help out I had my transmission rebuilt while here in Korea. I installed new bearings new M factory LSD and PAR 3 and 4th Gear along with a 626 5th gear to even out the ratio. The problem I'm having is my transmission grinds on the 4th Gear only a little bit when its shift to these gear. there are times when my car doesnt want to shift in to any gear but I'll put it in to neutral and then back into gear and it works fine. Only now I'm trying to figure out what I should do what it could be is it the synchros or something else ???? PLease help ???

Back