Future NEPOC area member

AKYellow said:
I grew up just north of Anchorage which is where I live now.... Tribe what do you mean? Are you a Native Alaskan?

yeah, I'm Tlingit; Woskitan Nation(sp?) House Thunderbird. My mom(eagle) was born in Juneau and raised in Petersburg/Ketchikan. My dad (raven) was in the coast guard and was posted up in Auke Bay. They got married and he moved her back east to raise a family.
I've been up there twice. once when I was 6 and a couple of years ago for my grandmother's 3 day pay-off party.

Attachments

• Tlingit Eagle.jpg
    Tlingit Eagle.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 233
  • b new tattoo.JPG
    b new tattoo.JPG
    381.3 KB · Views: 229
  • killerwhaleart.JPG
    killerwhaleart.JPG
    263 KB · Views: 213
AKYellow said:
I am going to drive from Alaska. I want to expierence the 4900mi trip.. I get 14days off for the drive so I will take it all in. It should be fun.
That is the best way to do it! one of my cousins did that trip twice~ once in a ford ranger and once on a Harley. He's up in Wintrop (just north of Boston). He was able to do it in 7 or 8 days, 2 weeks will be perfect, just don't get stuck in that wicked weather in Washington/Oregon.

Yeah, I am 1/8 AK native, no tribe or anything like that. My Great Grandmother was full blood Ak native and homesteaded in Wasilla, which is where I grew up.

I will be driving down this summer so I dont think it will be too bad. I am planning on making a stop in UT to visit my brother and his family for a few days then makin a stop in PA to visit my Father. It should be a fun trip.

So where is everyone from(live) here?

Last edited:
altspace said:
Very nice! I love where I live on Cape Cod. I'm not a hustle and bustle guy, thus the city is just not my place. All over the Cape, we are for the most part relaxed people. Why the move and choice of this area?
I chose it because I have family in PA and I wanted to be located on an Coast Gaurd Air Station. Cape Cod was the closest I could get to PA. I am Active Duty Coast Guard so I am goin to be in that area for the next 4yrs. Plus I love the fact that you can drive anywhere, whenever you want.......unlike here in Alaska you have to drive at least 3-4 days before even making it to WA state.

we have had some nice meets over the past bunch of years. nothing big over the past 12 months though*****cape is a nice place or areas down in that direction.

i would love to take the trip from alaska to east coast, but will probably never get the chance to.......

the cold will probably not bother you coming from alaska****Astral is a little B*#ch whining over the cold. man, he is russian and the cold weather should not bother him*****j/k astral......

-R

AKYellow said:
Yeah, I am 1/8 AK native, no tribe or anything like that. My Great Grandmother was full blood Ak native and homesteaded in Wasilla, which is where I grew up.

I will be driving down this summer so I dont think it will be too bad. I am planning on making a stop in UT to visit my brother and his family for a few days then makin a stop in PA to visit my Father. It should be a fun trip.

So where is everyone from(live) here?

Niiice dude. I'm in Connecticut, so when you get here, we'll meet up. Good luck with the drive

Welcome bro! I hope you have a safe, uneventful trip.
I'm at the other end of the Cape in Orleans near the elbow.

My advice to you is....

Don't live on the "other" side of the bridge!
I used to live on the South shore (near Plymouth), so I have nothing against the area.
The main point I have is that during the tourist season (aka the summer) there are days you DO NOT want to try to get on or off the Cape because there will be huge traffic back ups.
And that would suck.
Falmouth, Sandwich, Marstons Mills are all very nice.
I don't think prices have dropped too much yet. But the market is much slower now so some people might be willing to make deals.
It may continue to adjust downward if you can wait to buy and rent a house. There are lots of people who are only here seasonally, so the rest of the year they rent out their homes. Just an idea.

Looking forward to meeting you!

I can't comment on house prices or what areas to live in, but I can say it is a Great group of guys up there!! They put out the big Welcome mat for me when I drove up to paint my headlights.

Good luck with your cross country drive and whereabouts in PA are you stopping to visit family?

RedHotP5 said:
I can't comment on house prices or what areas to live in, but I can say it is a Great group of guys up there!! They put out the big Welcome mat for me when I drove up to paint my headlights.

Good luck with your cross country drive and whereabouts in PA are you stopping to visit family?

Milton/Harrisburg Area. Yeah well at least down there the Mazda Club will be active compared to the Alaska section...........I am pretty stoked about the move!!

The search continues.................I wont be arriving till about june/july time. I still have a few months or so. I might just end up living on Otis NAGB. I cant find anything. I would like to buy, but as i look around the houses are extremely expensive.

Back