Future NEPOC area member

AKYellow

:
06 Nissan Pathfinder
OK well i just found out that I will be moving down to Cape Cod, MA and was just trying to find some good areas to live......Could use some help on learning about the area. I was looking at the New Bedford/Plymouth areas....

Welcome to the club AKYellow!!!

Well any other week I would say that New Bedford is a halfway decent place to live. Unfortuately there was a double murder / suicide at a strip club the other night which has been making headlines. I suppose if you stayed away from places with names like "The Foxy Lady" you'll be safe.

Plymouth and anywhere along the south shore of Boston is expensive and upper middle class. It is also a nightmare when it comes to traffic since the only major highway is Route 3 and it is mostly only 2 lanes and dumps right into the expressway into boston. On a map it looks convenient but trust me...it isn't.

Well hows the Traffic to Otis AFB? I think thats where I will be working. I have already heard about the horrific traffic in Boston. I would not want to work there. I will be starting my travel sometime in June-July so it will be awhile. I am not to worried about cost of living since the Gov is paying for it all, so that in turn makes me their little b****. Anyway I cant wait to get down in that area and start attending REAL meets instead of just 2 or 3 cars.

well new bedford is the cape, plymouth is close...sandwich is nice there are lots of nice small towns all around otis...the cape is only a busy place june through sept...i used to ride my dirt bike around the perimeter of otis yrs ago...the cape biys will help you too...josh and dan (crazee):)

the cape can be pricey depending on where you want to live, also there are a lot of tourists during the summer and what not but over all it is beautiful. i forget where exactly it is that my gfs grandma and aunt live on the cape but its a nice play i like it :)

Mr. 4500 RPM said:
the cape can be pricey depending on where you want to live, also there are a lot of tourists during the summer and what not but over all it is beautiful. i forget where exactly it is that my gfs grandma and aunt live on the cape but its a nice play i like it :)

gues what though...the prices have been dropping like rocks..the freakin state is takin a big nose dive...my house lost 40k in the last several months!

bazooka joe said:
gues what though...the prices have been dropping like rocks..the freakin state is takin a big nose dive...my house lost 40k in the last several months!

really? interesting well this is true the market is dropping everywhere. and mark that is a shame about the loss in value.

Mr. 4500 RPM said:
really? interesting well this is true the market is dropping everywhere. and mark that is a shame about the loss in value.

ya, no biggie though...i'm not selling right now and i predict they'll go back up again...i'm into it for 200k and the value is now at 517K so, i'm still doing okay!

AKYellow said:
OK well i just found out that I will be moving down to Cape Cod, MA and was just trying to find some good areas to live......Could use some help on learning about the area. I was looking at the New Bedford/Plymouth areas....

You bring the cold with ya and we'll get you whacked!

bazooka joe said:
well new bedford is not the cape, plymouth is close...sandwich is nice there are lots of nice small towns all around otis...the cape is only a busy place june through sept...i used to ride my dirt bike around the perimeter of otis yrs ago...the cape biys will help you too...josh and dan (crazee):)

oh and welcome!!:)

AKYellow said:

cool s***. what part of Alaska are you coming from? My tribe is in Juneau.

Kansei said:
You bring the cold with ya and we'll get you whacked!
oh haha yeah about that..........Thats another reason why I am stoked about the move....Its alot warmer there than here.

Man am I gonna feel welcomed!!!(peep) I cant wait to drive those roads down there!!

SlowPro98 said:
cool s***. what part of Alaska are you coming from? My tribe is in Juneau.
I grew up just north of Anchorage which is where I live now.... Tribe what do you mean? Are you a Native Alaskan?

AKYellow said:
oh haha yeah about that..........Thats another reason why I am stoked about the move....Its alot warmer there than here.

Man am I gonna feel welcomed!!!(peep) I cant wait to drive those roads down there!!
you'll offer a fresh perspective to all the new englanders that whine about the cold. including me.

welcome and stuff. How cold is it where you are now? Are you driving from alaska or having the car shipped?

ronin12 said:
welcome and stuff. How cold is it where you are now? Are you driving from alaska or having the car shipped?
I am going to drive from Alaska. I want to expierence the 4900mi trip.. I get 14days off for the drive so I will take it all in. It should be fun.

AKYellow said:
I am going to drive from Alaska. I want to expierence the 4900mi trip.. I get 14days off for the drive so I will take it all in. It should be fun.

I envy you. It's one of my dreams to drive cross-country across Canada :)

just remember.. leave the cold there, we have enough of our own cold here (well I guess there.. I'm barely ever in New England :'( ) :D

booo!!!

you should meet up with teh Central NY mazda guys when you come through.. there's like.. 5 of us haha

Very nice! I love where I live on Cape Cod. I'm not a hustle and bustle guy, thus the city is just not my place. All over the Cape, we are for the most part relaxed people. Why the move and choice of this area?

Back