Funkalicious21's Protege5 Build/Progress Thread~!

All this hard work and stock oil pan??

Im having hard time locating a AWR PAN. know of anyone who has one for sale?

Man, some awsome work here. I love my protege but its all stock with exceptions of a weapon R cool air intake. My tranny just went popped putting it into 3rd a little to hard and now it seems to be stuck in 3rd or 4th lol no nutral or anything. Broke my back racing motocross and cant work so ive been chipping away at getting the motor out to be rebuilt and ive been working on wire tucking. mad props to your car man. Its made me want to do so much to mine. Great job, the car is insane.

Thank you so much! I'm glad you're enjoying the build!

=)

Can you make this piece without any of the holes, and what studs does it mount to? I have no exterior studs left on my firewall any longer, but even after paint the firewall won't look that smooth.

I'm sure it can be made. I'll see what could be done. pm me?

Yeah, He sold it to Fatti, but good thing I didn't buy it I guess. fatti having trouble with Rep for not sending the package with a confirmation number! XD

Yeah, I just read that. I don't mess around when it comes to internet sales. I really wouldn't want to mess with Fatti either. heh-heh

Sorry guys, I've been pretty busy with work and school starting again, but the project still continue as usual. LOTS and LOTS of things have been done, including tons of pictures to tell the story!

Here you guys go:

*Signature Sound*
Turbine (hot side) and center housing rotation assembly (CHRA) ceramic coated with satin velvet black on the outside and coated with Insulkote ceramic on the inside. This will help keep the turbo spooled by containing the hot air as well as other benefits like keeping the engine bay from heat soak. The exit was ported to remove the restrictions around the flange bolt holes. The compressor (cold side) was powder coated candy blue on the outside after all the casting and unnecessary markings were removed. The inside was lightly ported and heavily polished to reduce air drag and be more efficient. The impeller area and snail internal was coated with micro slick to further enhance air flow. The nano particles fill in all the small divots to create a smooth air passage.

20120921_180520_zps55d3adf7.jpg

Here you can see the ported inlet and outlet of the compressor

20120921_180444_zpsc750adda.jpg

20120921_180619_zpsfa5d80e5.jpg

The insulkote is the light green khaki color inside the exhaust cavity. Even the wastegate passage was treated.

20120921_180548_zpsd421a5f1.jpg

Showing the turbine outlet you can see how its completely smooth. In stock form its choked with relief castings for the flange bolts.

20120921_180710_zps93dc8ae4.jpg

*Signature Sound* piston domes treated

20120908_220548.jpg

20120908_220947.jpg

sneek peek of the color scheme

20120908_224152.jpg

20120908_224221.jpg

next is cylinder head. We will be using all the specialty coatings Signature has to offer. The combustion chamber, valve face and exhaust ports will be coated to keep the heat flowing and reduce detonation. After porting, polishing, rebuilding, the micro slick coating will be applied to keep the cold ar coming in smoothly and with minimal obstruction. Knife edging port dividers, shaping bowls and port matching... Two weeks in and halfway done. Cam lobes, buckets and springs will be treated to keep the surface tension consistent and lubed. Valve stems will be treated with micro slick to reduce wear and drag. Internal castings of the head will be smoothed to promote oil flowback and coated with micro slick to further enhance it.

20120908_212021.jpg

Back