Funkalicious21's Protege5 Build/Progress Thread~!

master cylinder - I hate when people use abbreviations because i feel all stupid when i dont know what hey are trying to say. I have know idea why I use them sometimes. lazy i guess lol

the idea is we ditch your OE master cylinder and replace with two compact billet willwood master cylinders and ballance bar. a bracket has to be made to mount the master cylinders to the fire wall. stock peddle essembly would be used. I'm making a bracket for the spicy so I can make another for you if interested. your build is crazy enough to warrant a full aftermarket brake set up.

nowadays a good time to do it :)

Oh, nice. Would you be able to give me a quote? Im actually in the process of trying to make things work for the braking system. I also would appreciate if you could provide a turn around time for it because the MC would be something major to consider especially since im trying to clean up the bay. I'm really going to have to see if i could fit this into the budget if it's ideal. Sounds like a great opportunity. Money is always the deciding factor for these kinds of situations. XD

Chris, that sounds like a great option. Noah and I are going to work things about and possibly we can get something together for the break booster set from wilwood.

Signature Sound*some parts showed up this week. BIG thanks to the contributors:

*********************** Sam is the man! Very cool guy and even called to confirm the order. Bought pistons and timing kit from him. Shipped same day and got here VERY fast! HIGHLY recommended vendor.

CR3 Motorsports Cres has been a huge help with getting me the best deal possible. Bought Spec clutch, ARP studs, Cometic gasket, Fidanza flywheel. Super easy going guy and great communication.

Ebay: water pump

www.cabletiesandmore.com wire loom. tons of different cable managment to choose from.

Wiseco Coated Pistons. .020" overbore standard compression 9:1 Will be treated with Signature Combustion Coatings
IMG_20120621_210949.jpg

IMG_20120621_210839.jpg

IMG_20120621_210830.jpg

IMG_20120621_210818.jpg

IMG_20120621_210654.jpg

Spec 3+ clutch
IMG_20120621_210307.jpg

1", 1/2" and 1/4" expandable wire loom
IMG_20120621_210546.jpg

Gates timing kit. No comprimise to quality. Gates is the best!!!
IMG_20120621_210438.jpg

*Signature Sound*Good progress on the wiring again this weekend. The loom is awsome to work with. It expands like crazy which helps to go over connectors. Then tigtens back up for a super nice look and VERY strong protection.

IMG_20120623_190848.jpg

IMG_20120623_213842.jpg

Once we figure out what holes will be used, we can weld all the others shut and start smoothing the bay more. Heres a pic of the nice routing for the headlights.
IMG_20120623_214006.jpg

IMG_20120624_174616.jpg

we took the opportunity to mock up ANOTHER first for he protege: Signature Firewall Vanity Panel. This will be available for anyone that wants to shave the bay without having to take the dashboard off to weld all the holes and smooth the firewall!! It bolts on using the existing studs and can be configured for custom or standard brake boosters. The aluminum sheet is made from 5051 and is .100" thick (Nice and sturdy without a ton of weight).

IMG_20120624_034837.jpg

IMG_20120624_171646.jpg

IMG_20120624_174513.jpg

IMG_20120624_174634.jpg

Oh nice hung this is looking great and the way they tucked the wires for the head lights look sick and like the fire wall thing they made looks really damn clean loving it

Oh nice hung this is looking great and the way they tucked the wires for the head lights look sick and like the fire wall thing they made looks really damn clean loving it

I definitely love how it looks also. It's going to be looking really clean and sleek. I can't wait to get it back.

I love the wire loom you're using and used the link you provided but I still can't seem to find it?
http://www.cabletiesandmore.com/wireloom.php

Could you help me out please? I've got a swap coming next month and would love to use that expandable stuff you used instead. Thanks in advance!

Back