Fuel pump options

TDK

:
TURBO 2002 Mazda Protege5
What options do we have in regards to in-tank fuel pumps for the P5. I currently have a Walbro 255. I want to change it because it doesn't sound like it will last too long. Does Bosch make a pump?

bosch...makes some serious INLINES...but I don't believe they have an intank option for us. I am installing my inline this weekend.

If using an in-line, does that mean that you don't need to use the in-tank. If you still need to use the in-tank can it be the stock pump or does it have to be something that's equalivant to the in-line.

If anyone knows the alternatives to using the Walbro in-tank, I would appreciate it.

TDK said:
What options do we have in regards to in-tank fuel pumps for the P5. I currently have a Walbro 255. I want to change it because it doesn't sound like it will last too long. Does Bosch make a pump?
Nippondesno makes a nice pump rated at 500hp. A lot of RX7 guys are using these. SRMotorsports says it is a direct swap for our stock pump. http://www.rx7store.net sells them for about $100 cheaper than SR Motorsports.

Geoff

You can use your stock pump as a fuel pickup and first screen, Just remove the impeller and motor.

Back