FS-ZE in the Works

Alan323 said:
ya, i'd like to know how the FS-ZE been doing in these 3 years???
cos i'm planning to either add a turbo OR do a FS-ZE swap on my 1.6L protege.........
i need some boost, mates ;)

yea, talk to Juan at HIBOOST , He's got an bad ass turbo kit for those with a 1.6 I believe....

the thing is 1.6L turbo kit costs me also 4K+.......but it seems like Linux has answered my question already.....
LinuxRacr said:
I concur...(get a turbo instead of blowing 4K on a motor)

Alejo_NIN said:
don't do the FS-ZE swap
is not worth it
besides, the 1.6 can take quiet a beating with a turbo

Why is it not worth the swap for the FS-ZE? What the differences bewteen the ZE and our 2.0's, besides more power?

Wouldn't the FS-ZE be a better platform for the NA guys?

StealthWyvern said:
Why is it not worth the swap for the FS-ZE? What the differences bewteen the ZE and our 2.0's, besides more power?

Wouldn't the FS-ZE be a better platform for the NA guys?

iirc ... different intake mani and high(er) compression pistons, along with a differently calibrated ECU is all that separates a ZE from a DE. Nothing that can't be duplicated at a reputable machine shop with the right componants for less ...

*note: You'll need to source the intake mani and engine management anyway.

Bala de Plata said:
iirc ... different intake mani and high(er) compression pistons, along with a differently calibrated ECU is all that separates a ZE from a DE. Nothing that can't be duplicated at a reputable machine shop with the right componants for less ...

I figured thier was more to it then tune and higher comp pistons apart from bolt ons

Bala de Plata said:

and cams.

Liquid_Ag said:
cant forget cams
D'oh! Those too :D (I've got a set in my garage ... Jspec intake and a SR Motorsports "repined" Jspec exhaust clone)

Back