Not open for further replies.

davens

I have several OEM decks:
(1) 08.5 single disc MP3 with trip display...$100 *sold*
(1) 08.5 single disc MP3 without trip display...$100
(1) 08 six disc changer...$100
(1) 07 single disc...$50

Various faceplates, display units and cages...make offers

Also, I have the ipod integration unit. Let's you plug in an ipod and send info to the display, recharge, and use steering wheel controls...$75
Gotten a couple inquiries on this: I don't know a lot about it...I never installed it. I have Sirius and there is only one plug in the back of the headunit, so I had to pick one. My understanding is that it xfrs control to the headunit/steering wheel controls. It is supposed to display artist/title, but I don't know about folder structure. It has the standard Apple 30 pin connector. If you want to do some research, here's the Part No. BP4K-79-CFZ (March 2008) on the unit

Prices negotiable...but seriously, be reasonable.
Let me emphasize that last part, since I've received a whole stack of offers that are just ridiculous.

ForSaleCDPlayer.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, ha ha.

Explanation:

I bought the 07 single disc on Ebay for the faceplate so I could get the trip computer to work in my '08.
The '08 6 disc is out of my own car.
I bought the pair of 08.5's because I wanted the MP3 capability. The first one was supposed to be a 6 disc MP3 player, but it wasn't. The second one was supposed to have the trip computer, but it didn't work in my '08.
I finally bought an '08 6 disc MP3 player that is in my car now from a local salvage yard.

In retrospect, I should have just paid for one of the aftermarket double din touchscreens, or maybe a car-puter.

Besides, if I was going to steal/sell something, it would be a whole lot more profitable and easier to move the product.

Yes, the MP3 part worked fine in my early 08 S Sport.
However, the SAT button and the trip computer did not work.

My rationale was...a single MP3 disc (150 songs) is better than 6 regular audio discs (17 songs x 6 = 102 songs)

is the ipod unit still for sale? does anyone know if it makes the sound coming from the ipod louder and more clear? aux port isnt loud enough sometimes..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back