XCarLink iPod Interface for 1st-gen 6 - No Longer Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

garrick42

:
2015 Mazda6 Touring MTX
XCarLink iPod Interface for 1st-gen 6

My poor Mazda6 was totaled by hail, so I'm taking off all the added parts before giving it to the insurance company.

For sale (at half of the "Sale!" price plus postage) is an XCarLink iPod interface. If you already know what this is, then it's $55 shipped to the Lower 48, PayPal accepted. If you don't know what this is, read on.

The XCarLink allows you to connect an iPod to the vehicle and play music from it through the vehicle speakers. Sound quality is great (no FM modulator involved). It uses an auxiliary port on the back of the head unit, and you control track selection through the buttons on the steering wheel and head unit. Just hit the CD button a second time, and the display shows EX: followed by a "disc" (playlist) number and track number. Use Disc +/- to change between playlists, and track +/- to change songs. Not sure if it can handle more than 6 playlists, but it's pretty cool! Note that the 3.5-mm AUX cable is also included (it didn't make it into the photo).

THIS DEVICE DOES NOT WORK WITH ALL 1st-GEN HEAD UNITS. Certain units require a slight modification in order to use it. Check this page to see if yours will work: http://www.therpmstore.com/store/p/134-XCarLink-iPod-Integration-Kit-for-Mazda.html It also indicates what generations of Apple devices work. I don't know if an adapter can be used to connect a device that has a Lightning plug.

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING IF THIS WILL WORK FOR YOUR VEHICLE. I WILL NOT OFFER TECH SUPPORT.

That said, it worked nicely with my 2006 head unit and was easily installed using these detailed instructions: http://forum.mazda6club.com/car-electronics/234140-xcarlink-ipod-writeup-walkthrough.html .

List Date: 11/17/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: XCarLink iPod Interface for 1st-gen 6
--------------------------------------
This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------
mazdas247

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back