FS-DE Rebuild must have parts list

I am waiting for my head and the TwiggyCams to come but have been thinking about other parts that should be done while im installing the shortblock....items that comes to mind are:

Complete gasket kit- Cometic
Timing belt, tensioner, and idler parts kit- Gates the only brand found
waterpump and thermostat (170*c)
Cam gear for the Twiggy cams
new lightweight pulleys..(srmotorsport, unorthodox, RR racing etc.)
new belts
head blots and studs
Millenia PVC
and TOGA oilpump

looking to get to the 300-400hp mark...
did I forget anything

Jeremy

Last edited:
Captain KRM P5 said:
main bearings
rod bearings
edited my post...a new shortblock is going in and im thinking about the other items that get overlooked or reused then have to be taken out because of normal wear and tear...

Jeremy

Last edited:
I don't think the Toga pump is any different than the stock pump. Someone needs to confirm that the Toga is an upgrade.

xelderx said:
I don't think the Toga pump is any different than the stock pump. Someone needs to confirm that the Toga is an upgrade.
here's a description on one of the sites...

All TOGA High Volume (HV) Oil Pumps are brand new, have tighter tolerances, are made of 4130 steel, and are hand packed with A.R.P. moly lube for initial start up!

Why get a Toga High Volume Oil Pump?
Unlike other suppliers, TOGA supplies both the Pump and Front Cover for ALL front mounted Oil Pumps!

• They meet the demands of today's high performance engines
  • They increase the life of any motor & are a must for high rev motors
  • They give OEM builds a great amount of protection for the heart of the motor which = no oil starvation!
  • All pumps are stamped with a red HV imprint
  • All pumps come with a 2 year warranty (1 year for 800HP+)

Jeremy

Its not necessary unless your running 500+ hp to the wheels daily. Check with some people running over 350+ hp. Most have the stock pump running fine. Its kinda overkill for the fs-de. But for some more the merrier.

arlsmazdaspeed said:
Its not necessary unless your running 500+ hp to the wheels daily. Check with some people running over 350+ hp. Most have the stock pump running fine. Its kinda overkill for the fs-de. But for some more the merrier.
I agree!

well most sites dont carry the oil pump....I figured changing it while im in the rebuild process would be a good idea...I found the toga as an upgrade to the stocker...and not much is said about the oilpump especially with oil starvation that some others was running into...figured what role would the toga pump play in the equation...

My engine let go because there was no oil supplied to it...there was in the oilpan! but not in the block itself according to the mech..the oil light didnt even come on...not even when I stopped and it towed..

Jeremy

Last edited:
supa saiyan pr5 said:
well most sites dont carry the oil pump....I figured changing it while im in the rebuild process would be a good idea...I found the toga as an upgrade to the stocker...and not much is said about the oilpump especially with oil starvation that some others was running into...figured what role would the toga pump play in the equation...

Jeremy

hey, you're into it big time anyway...go all the way man! what are you up to anyway? start the build yet? stop by sometime! bruce help me put my car back together yesterday, runs nice!

bazooka joe said:
hey, you're into it big time anyway...go all the way man! what are you up to anyway? start the build yet? stop by sometime! bruce help me put my car back together yesterday, runs nice!

I am!!!!!!! I just want to prevent past things from happening by building right from the getgo....glad to see your back on the road...I hope to have it back on the road soon...still waiting on Turbonetics to finish my turbo rebuild....hopefully they'll stick some good stuff in it.thenthe kit will be up for sale

Jeremy

I meant that the Toga pump is structurally and mechanically no different than the stock pump. It looks just like the stock pump. If you order the Toga pump lay it beside the stock pump and see if there are any differences. No one has confirmed yet that there is a difference.

xelderx said:
I meant that the Toga pump is structurally and mechanically no different than the stock pump. It looks just like the stock pump. If you order the Toga pump lay it beside the stock pump and see if there are any differences. No one has confirmed yet that there is a difference.

gotcha!!!! I might go for it...might not..depending on the cost...

Jeremy

Back