What do you think she's worth???

Jason94Cobra

:
03.5 MSP and 94 Cobra
My beloved MSP just became a MSE Mazdaspeed Explodege' tonight on the way home on 130 toll... what do you think she's worth as is??? I guessing the engine may be toast... I am sad... especially after spending about $2,500 or so dollars in the last year...

LOUD BOOM, smoke, oil smell, oil pressure light...

105,700 miles on the titanium car...

not that it matters always had synthetic oil in her since 1,500 miles

and synthetic trans oil since 15,000 miles...

about 2,000 miles on the clutch and welded updated OEM LSD...

Alternator replaced with OEM Mazda one...

all stock except for the diff and the K&N... couple scratches here and there... front lower grill mesh has an issue...

Alpine head unit with bluetooth mic...

decent Kuhmo tires still...

would come with a whole pile of new neverused parts...

Forge WGA,
timing belt kit w/ water pump tensior, idler, tensioner spring, etc...
Fel Pro cam seals
AWR engine mount kit with the inserts
Vibrant pit pack silicone hose kit
ARP exhaust manifold studs and Fel Pro gasket
Autometer triple guage pillar pod (no guages)

and Torque Solutions shifter bushings and exhaust hangers... when they come in, I ordered them TODAY!!!

debating on the $400 custom grounding wire kit I had custom made for this car with gold plated ends, special ring terminals, all kinds of that with MC three post low profile terminals for pos and neg. 1sty from here made most of this kit for me a LONG time ago and like lots of other things I never got it put on...

Last edited:
That sucks! How much you looking to get?

I really was looking for a number from here what people think she's worth... I didn't really have a number since it is too hard for me to separate in my head the $20,000 I have spent on this car from day 1 from what it is worth now...

Looking for opinions from here... I know they are probably going to hurt and I am not going to get bent out of shape or anything I just don't know what is fair for me and a potential buyer that's all...

I'd guess around 3k-ish with a blown motor

Whatever you sell it for won't be worth it, let's swap the motor.

I'm looking for options on the engine... I was wondering if a Protege 5 longblock would work if I can't find an acceptable MSP engine... have one lead on a block to build up... still looking for others in case it falls through...

What blocks can I use to build an engine for MSP??? probably not a balls out 700hp race monster, but something mild...

also considering a budget build to get it running ASAP so the Cobra doesn't eat my lunch in gas...

yes they are the exact same. any 2.0 fs-de engine will work.

And whatever trans it was paired with doesn't matter

If your MBSP isn't damaged you can swap that onto any FSDE block and you basically have an MSP motor.

What tha heck is a MBSP???

hmmmm, ok I found what it is... I am thinking I should just buy the parts yard motor and have it shipped here... if mine is good bonussss can use it on a forged build... if not then perhaps I am not meant to have a forged engine for now...

$350 is a lot for a MBSP!!!

Part 1 down... I pulled the trigger on the 71K MSP engine... donor was a yellow 03.5 that appears to have had a nice tap to the passenger side in the passenger rear door... supposed to be complete with turbo... I think I am going to ask if they can include the stock downpipe if they have it... I guess we can decide on getting the other block for a forged build once we see the condition of both turbos, both exhaust manifolds, and the "MBSP" in the currently blown engine...

Back