FS-DE into speed protege

tmadmsp

:
2003.5 MSP
Ok im sure people are sick of me asking the same questions but im haveing a regular FS-DE swapped into my speed protege. Just wanted to make sure all that has to be swapped over to the new motor is the oil cooler, windage tray and exhaust manifold?

To facilitate the oilcooler you need the thing that the oil filter screws onto. Its much longer on the msp. You also need one or two of the coolant pipes that wrap around to the back to feed the oil cooler.

pipes.jpg

• Main cap support plate, specific to MSP it has the turbo oil drain machined into it and is right above the oil pan.
  • Rear oil cooler, lines, oil filter stud
  • Intake manifold, valve cover, thermostat cover, heater bypass pipes, the coolant junction block, and the bracket around the side of the head above the junction block
  • Rest of your current Protege accessories and manifolds
  • If you use a non Protege cylinder head you MUST transfer the Protege cams, cam gears, valve cover over, crank pulley, ignition. You MUST use a non-distributor cylinder head.
  • 98-99 626 FS have smaller intake ports and have different cams.
  • 2000-2002 626 uses the same cams as Protege
  • Any other brackets or parts that broke as a result of the engine failure
  • Maintenance related parts and hardware. ex. clutch, timing belt, spark plugs, hoses, seals, gaskets, pumps, etc.
  • Good time to do the rear engine mount if yours is torn
  • Your existing transmission and drivetrain parts.
"From a gone but not forgotten member's website FAQ."

Thanks for all the info. should hopefully have it back on the road this week. Any idea about how long thus would take a professional that is unfamiliar with msp's?

Instead of pulling the guts out of the head on my msp wouldnt it just be easier to pull the head and swap it over as one piece?

Idk I told him that I was looking for something for a cheap replacement that I could still run ny turbo off of.

Back