Frustrated with Homelink

lmbebo

Hey

So I moved to a new apartment and I was trying to setup Homelink with our new remote.

Per the instruction manual, I hold the Homelink button I want to program and hold the button on the gate remote 1-3 inches away from the homeland visor. Wait for the slow blink to change to a fast blink. That hasn't happened.

Am I missing a step? I've seen some older instructions talk about holding the 2 outer buttons for 20 secs first ...

I have a 2014 GT.

Thanks

Did you call the 800 home link # for help? Biggest mistake I made programming same unit on our BMW was trying to do it with car in garage. Try moving it out of garage as the signal to the garage door receiver will be too strong.

You are probably doing all this. But here are the full (standard) Homelink instructions. Step 1. is the reset procedure (only need to do that step once)...

1.For first time training, press and hold the two outer HomeLink buttons, releasing only when the
HomeLink indicator light begins to flash after 20 seconds. (Do not perform this step when training
the additional HomeLink buttons.)

2.Position the hand-held transmitter 1-3 inches away from the HomeLink surface (located on your
overhead), keeping the HomeLink indicator light in view.

3.Using both hands, simultaneously press and hold both the desired HomeLink button and hand held
transmitter button. DO NOT release until the HomeLink indicator light flashes slowly and then
rapidly. When the indicator light flashes rapidly, both buttons may be released. (The rapid flashing
indicates successful training.) Repeat these steps to train the other two HomeLink buttons to
operate any other remotely controlled devices

4.Press and hold the trained HomeLink button and observe the indicator light.
- If the indicator light is solid/continuous, training is complete and your device should activate
when the HomeLink button is pressed and released.
- If the indicator light blinks rapidly for 2 seconds and then turns a solid/continuous light,
proceed with the following training instructions for a rolling code device. A second person
may make the following steps quicker and easier. Please use a ladder or other device. Do not
stand on your vehicle to perform the next steps.

5.At the garage door opener receiver (motorhead unit) in the garage, locate the 'learn' or 'smart'
button (usually near where the hanging antenna wire is attached to the unit). If there is difficulty
locating the training button, reference the garage door openers manual or contact us.

6.Press and release the 'learn' or 'smart' button (the name and color of the button may vary by
manufacturer). NOTE: Once the button is pressed, there are 30 seconds in which to initiate the next
step.

7.Return to the vehicle and firmly press and hold the trained HomeLink button for two seconds and
release. Repeat the 'press/hold/release' sequence up to 3 times to complete the training process.

HomeLink should now activate your device.

Back