Front radar blocked

:
2016.5 CX 5 GT
I had a problem a few weeks ago using cruise on my 2016.5 Where I got the above error and the cruise disconnected. Cleaned front of car and windshield ensure no crud was causing the error. Still failed, randomly. So took it to dealer and they saw the error when they plugged the car into there diagnostics. But could not find what caused it. Said to come back when it failed again.

As I seldom need cruise control it really hasn't been a issue till his past week when we drove to southern California from Oregon. On the round trip of about 1300 miles it failed 48 times on I 5. A royal pain, and making the cruise basically useless. Stopped at dealer and will take it back next week to see if they can find the problem. As it fails and basically resets itself I don't have much hope. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this problem?

If everything is clean it sounds like the module in the Mazda badge on the grill. They should do more than tell you to bring it back next time it fails. Any failures I’ve read about here were due to buildup of dirt/snow on the badge or windshield.

Back