Front End Squeak

In the past week, I've started to notice a front-end squeak at speeds of 25mph or less in my '08 MZ5 w/6,000 miles. It seems to only happen when both sides of the car meet a dpression in the road and come back up together. In other words - if only one wheel meets a hole, it doesn't happend. I have one strech of road near my house that consistently produces it - which is how I noticed it. It either doesn't happen at higher speeds - or I can't hear it because of a the relative increase in road noise.

From my experience with other cars developing creaks - if this is what it sounds like in the hot summer - the winter is only going to get noiser.

Anyone else have this - or should I say - any heard of this before?

Thanks in Advance.

Yep. I have a 2007 that does that. I plan to take it in per the TSB.

Attachments

• TSB02-007.06.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 285
Thanks for the posting AIMWO4-

The TSB is specific to older models:
2006 Mazda5 vehicles with VINs lower than JM1 CR**** ** 111238 (produced before November 1, 2005) for
stabilizer bushings.
2006 Mazda5
and lists the changes made so that it doesn't happen in new models:
To stop the noise, the following mass production changes have occured.
- The shape of the front lower arms along with the attached bushings has been changed.
- The stabilizer bar bushing rubber was made harder and the amount of wax that is included in the front/
rear stabilizer bushing has been increased.
- yet it is still there - wonder what's that about? Maybe mine and yours didn't get enough wax?

Anyone with an '08 with this problem?

Anyone else have this - or should I say - any heard of this before?

Not, yet (nailbyt). The 06 rear suspension squeaked for like 2-3 weeks intermittently back in March-April, but now gone (scratch). Not sure what to expect anymoh...

As with other auto makers, the TSB may soon include later year models. If it's fixed, why is it not? (spin)

You have a point there.

Good News/Bad News on the squeaking/creaking:

Bad News is it's getting a bit more pronounced.
Good News is it will make it easier to point out to the dealer.

(Of course with a car dealer, almost any good repair news can easily spin into another cycle of bad news ;-) )

I have an 08 MZ5 with about 2,700 miles on it and I took it to the dealer two weeks ago concerning front suspension noise when going over speed bumps at low speeds. The dealer test drove it a determined that it was normal for cars to make this noise. This is the point when I explained that I have owned about 15 different vehicles over the past 22 years and only one other vehicle has ever made this noise and it was a 88 Fiero and it developed the noise after it had over 100,000 miles on it. NORMAL?!?!?!

The dealer test drove it a determined that it was normal for cars to make this noise.

I brought a car to the dealership one time because of a "squeak." After three of them looked at it (never drove), they said it was the shocks.... The next morning my lower radius arm broke and the whole tire unit (tire/caliper, etc.) snapped off the car while I was driving. I wish the dealer would just say they don't know instead of telling you something silly like it is normal.... What car/truck/boat/plane, etc... normally squeaks? If that was normal they all should be doing it and there should be a check box for SQUEAKS on the final walk through on the car when it leaves the plant.(boom06)

Back