Contributor
:
2010 Mazdaspeed3
Its finally time to unveil her.

1999 Miata. Bought it as a salvage for $3000

This is her before.
DSCN5781.jpg

DSCN5782.jpg

After a donor car was torn apart and some painting was done... (I drilled out every spot weld on the entire rear quarter panel on both the donor and my new baby. Took me two days just to get both panels out. )

Here she is.
miata06.jpg

miata01.jpg

miata02.jpg

miata03.jpg

miata04.jpg

Last edited:
nice job but no progress pics 8(

I really wanted too but I was technically out of work and trying to put her together as fast as I could. I worked 8+ hours a day trying to get her back in one piece.

At least I got the before and after pictures. :)

unemployment.

ouch, I'm afraid of that to! They just let off 5 people on my shift today! Not to mention that I some how managed to dodge the last two set of layoffs.... They also complain when someone calls in sick that theirs no coverage but they they lay off of a crew thats already barebones...(uhm)

Edit: Kind of makes me wish I never traded my p5 in on the MSP. It would of been paid off next month!

looks pretty damn good seeing what it was lookin like before haha, sorry bout the job thing though that suck,i got layed off not to long ago

The circumstances are unfortunate, but welcome to the miata family! haha Looks a helluva lot better. What is/ going to be under the hood??

Great job on the rebuild. Seems like you ended up with a heck of a deal on the '99.

Sorry to hear about the unemployment. It's a rough market.

Great job on the rebuild. Seems like you ended up with a heck of a deal on the '99.

Sorry to hear about the unemployment. It's a rough market.

I dumped a bunch of money on the engine after the fact.

It started getting the standard power loss the 99-2000 were prone too. I changed out plugs, coil packs, air/oil filter, oil, then wires and it went away.

Now the struts are blown and the rear brakes are gone. Waiting on the brakes and not sure where to go with the suspension. I dont want to drop money on OEM stuff since aftermarket upgrades are almost the same price.

I dumped a bunch of money on the engine after the fact.

It started getting the standard power loss the 99-2000 were prone too. I changed out plugs, coil packs, air/oil filter, oil, then wires and it went away.

Now the struts are blown and the rear brakes are gone. Waiting on the brakes and not sure where to go with the suspension. I dont want to drop money on OEM stuff since aftermarket upgrades are almost the same price.

perfect reason to upgrade!!!

Back