Freekenstein's 323 Fastbreak a.k.a. Protege5

Freekenstein

:
2001 323 Fastbreak DiTD
Hello y'all!!

Now that I've got a new car it might be time to introduce myself and my car.

I'm Freekenstein, 24 years of age and I live in the Netherlands. I've had a '91 Mazda 323 hatchback for 3 years but the time came to say goodbye to this car. Browsing the internet I found this car:
Foto-LEF3SLYG.jpg

The car is now 5 years old and has done just under 110.000 km (about 68k miles). Since it has a diesel engine, that's not much!

I went to the company that sold the car and I almost immediately fell in love with the car. So I bought the car.

The interior is very nice
Foto-4RDMMAVZ.jpg

Engine is clean
Foto-WCRZJZNE.jpg

But I'm a bit allergic to standard cars, so it didn't last long before a KW coilover-kit was installed
Foto-TDZTHDLF.jpg

In this picture the car is a bit to low at the rear, but that's solved already.

Right now I've put 17" Barracuda VR5 rims under because I have a club-meeting on Sunday, but they will be replaced with M+S tires again on Monday because the weatherforecast predicts bad weather next week.

Pictures with installed 17's will follow

Sweet! Congats on the new ride and welcome to the forums. Excellent choice BTW. I didn't know that they made diesel engine Protege 5's. Engine bay has quite a different setup. Well would love to see some more pics so post away.

Yes diesel!!

Here in the Netherlands and in some other countries in Europe dieseloil is up to 30% cheaper than normal fuel. A second reason is that I drive more than 30.000 km's (about 20k miles) per year and a diesel engine is because of higher taxes only cheaper to drive when your yearly milage exeeds a certain point. On the highway this engine does about 20 km's on one liter of diesel (that's about 75 mpg!!!)

No it's rather quiet! On my previous car i installed an open exhaust, that was loud!!

@Javo: Why do you want my transmission mount?? Is yours broken??

no.. lol... your transition mount has an extension that makes the car engage smother, to the opposite of ours. Just a complement

What is the car badged as, a 323F, or is there actually a "Fastbreak" badge?

Congrats on the new car...very clean....and welcome to the forum.

diesel?!?!?!?!?!?!?! i hate you!! lol if i'd had the option to buy diesel i would have, hands down! dammit all... hopefully we'll start getting more diesel vehicles with the new ultra-low-sulfur diesel fuel that is now becoming the standard (before, the diesel that was the norm here in north america would destroy the diesel engines from europe)

i prefer the round fogs to the square ones from the regular pro, but over all very nice car :) the rear bumper is a bit interesting... i'd have to see it from all angles in person to decide if i liked it better or not. out of curiousity, what size are the wheels stock? they look smallish.

Really cool stuff. Welcome to the forum. Awaiting more pics. Steering wheel on correct side for America. Let's trade.............

Why does europe get all the nice stuff?

Only reason I didnt buy a golf TDI is because they were $8k over the gas model at the time (and impossible to find). A deisel P5 that gets 75mpg would be orgasmic.

Thanks for all the positive comments.
To answer your questions, yes it's a turbo diesel.
Stock wheels are 14" with hubcaps :$
The car is labeled 323F not Fastbreak.
square foglights FTL
What does FTL mean?? I have to learn those abbreviations of yours, but I'm planning on putting a frontbumper from the 2.0 Sportive on, that's the same as the MP5 has. With the addition of the 2003.5 MP3 bumper-add-on it would become a one-of-a-kind car on this side of the ocean I think

Tomorrow I'll post some pics with the 17's fitted, the weather right now is a bit too misrable to shoot some pictures

Back