Formal Introduction

Nutari said:
I'm taking this all into consideration. I'm not quite sure what the best outcome would be. I know i can't just head over there and say, "hey everyone come over to msprotege.com cause we're cooler!"

as for the information, I'll contact whoever is running m.net and see if they will let me sticky some links to their garage and aftermarket listings pages.

Better yet...Copy and past the information here but be sure to post the source...Remember...We're here to promote this community...Not send people away to another ;)

vashthestampede said:
One thing I have always wanted to do was set up a page with every Miata/roadster related link that everyone has, all put together. Not just FM and Rspeed....but like, the 70 gazillion other .jp sites that are out there. I know alot of people havent even seen the other half of whats available overseas.

Vash-

Do it up :D Start a thread and begin building a link-base...It could have "sticky" potential (thumb)

Nutari said:
I'm taking this all into consideration. I'm not quite sure what the best outcome would be. I know i can't just head over there and say, "hey everyone come over to msprotege.com cause we're cooler!"

as for the information, I'll contact whoever is running m.net and see if they will let me sticky some links to their garage and aftermarket listings pages.

Good luck. Gary Fischman is a &^*#%. If you have a product you made and show it to the community and mention that you are going to sell them he censors your thread by taking out parts he doesnt like. Happened to my cousin a couple weeks ago. He is such a nazi about paid sponsorship. Pissed off my cousin so much that he wont pay to be a sponsor even if it did benefit his new company.

He wont help you out at all, its all about the money for him.

On another note...

You need to keep the subforums small if not non existant for now. You have a total of 7000 threads here in the Miata forum. Not a huge amount of traffic if you ask me. Compare that to the 3, the Protege, and the P5 forums!

By breaking up the forum into small subforums it would discourage me to visit this part of the site, Id be spending all my time jumping back and forth to the different subforums to see stagnant water.

I can come to the Miata forum how it is now and not see much change two days later. People just dont post a ton of threads here. They might respond to threads a decent amount but thread topics are what I check out when I come. When one looks interesting I open it up. Then I sometimes get the urge to comment.

I cant tell you how many times Ive come to the Miata forum here and see no real increase in thread topics since my previous visit a couple days ago. Simply, You need toget more people here.

Its easy to ask but hard to find out how its accomplished :)

edit: you could do a classified section for Miatas only. I hate going to the one on this site cause you have to sift through so much other crap that is not related to your car.

Last edited:
gksspot said:
you could do a classified section for Miatas only. I hate going to the one on this site cause you have to sift through so much other crap that is not related to your car.

That's the best idea I've heard all day. A miata specific classifieds section in here would be great!

Yup.. another great idea. I'm waiting on some emails back from a few people. (thumb)

gksspot said:
yeah being called msprotege wont naturally bring in Miata enthusiasts

Tried it.not many people looking to move from their current forums I suppose. Granted you need others to help, but s***.I gave it a shot. Got the domain, got the bandwidth, and then the VB license. When I get more free time Id like to promote it somehow. Not trying at all to steal users from any other Miata type forum. Just looking to try something different. (thumb)

Vash-

Formal intro? Hello...I'm Mohammad from Houston, TX and I drive an 05' Mazdaspeed MX-5. (thumb)

SpeedMX5 said:
Formal intro? Hello...I'm Mohammad from Houston, TX and I drive an 05' Mazdaspeed MX-5. (thumb)
*laughs* it was my intro as a mod for this section. But welcome! I'm looking to buy a 2006 mazdaspeed mx-5 when itcomes out.

Nutari said:
*laughs* it was my intro as a mod for this section. But welcome! I'm looking to buy a 2006 mazdaspeed mx-5 when itcomes out.

you know in 06 they are only doing the mazdaspeed6. you would have to find an 04 or 05 if you want the speed mx-5.

as far as the site goes, the forum group I used to belong to with my old car tried to get group events going once every month. that Is a little harder to do because there is a much larger area and alot less cars... uh-0h plane just landed got to go...

Nutari said:

lol...oh..my bad.. (doh)

I'd like to see a couple more sections....maybe a power mod section, suspension/wheel/tire section. And of course an autocross/track section. :) And perhaps a shine section.

Just my 2 cents from a Miata guy and very active autocrosser.

David Hedderick
Houston, TX

Can we have a Miada section where I don't get harassesed about spelling it Miada?.. i don't go to the 'other' forum anymore because of that.

miata_racer said:
I'd like to see a couple more sections....maybe a power mod section, suspension/wheel/tire section. And of course an autocross/track section. :) And perhaps a shine section.

Just my 2 cents from a Miata guy and very active autocrosser.

David Hedderick
Houston, TX
I like that idea, but other members said that we dont get enough traffic to warrent 'sub-forums'. I've been trying to get a couple of 'stickies' together with all that information.

Couple of sections/stickies I want to implement:

Power Mods
Suspension/Wheel fitments etc
Autocross/Drifting (Alignments, suspension setups)

Nutari said:
I like that idea, but other members said that we dont get enough traffic to warrent 'sub-forums'. I've been trying to get a couple of 'stickies' together with all that information.

Couple of sections/stickies I want to implement:

Power Mods
Suspension/Wheel fitments etc
Autocross/Drifting (Alignments, suspension setups)
we could always try it.. If in the future it looks like it's not needed, you can always get rid of them. maybe more dedicated sub-forums might bring in more traffic?

But please, no street racing subforum. if you do, i will delete this place from my favorites, and delete my cookies so fast...

MiaTurbo said:
we could always try it.. If in the future it looks like it's not needed, you can always get rid of them. maybe more dedicated sub-forums might bring in more traffic?

But please, no street racing subforum. if you do, i will delete this place from my favorites, and delete my cookies so fast...
never said street racing. :) 'Legal' drifting events (first)

Back