Forge BPV question? Green Blue or Yellow Spring? No red?

If we order one today, we should be running a blue spring on a stock motor? There's some confusion here about which springs are which, and what the differences are.

I have a stock motor (except for MS CAI).

i am running at 17PSI, and i am surging into 19-20.5 with blue spring and 2 shims. there is also some flutter when letting off the gas slowly after hard acceleration. does this mean i should back off to blue+1 shim? this is confusing lol... or maybe i'm just an idiot...

If we order one today, we should be running a blue spring on a stock motor? There's some confusion here about which springs are which, and what the differences are.

I have a stock motor (except for MS CAI).

Yes I would recommend the blue spring for a stock MS3. I'm running blue+2shims myself but only because I didn't get a red spring yet. When I do I will try it to see how it does.

Reason Forge has diameter of hose fittings a bit too small for the MS3 "dedicated" BPV...need new worm clamps to make them tight ? Just curious.

i am running at 17PSI, and i am surging into 19-20.5 with blue spring and 2 shims. there is also some flutter when letting off the gas slowly after hard acceleration. does this mean i should back off to blue+1 shim? this is confusing lol... or maybe i'm just an idiot...

valve flutter is not surge. if you hear vlave flutter at low boost venting that means you have a good set up going.

That is what is supposed to happen !

ok ok, my bad... i had the just the blue spring in there, and then i added 2 shims, and did not notice any difference...

i realize that is what the shims are for, but i did not notice any difference between 0 shims and 2 shims. nor did my logs reflect any change...

Got my BPV back today from Forge. Works great...

Thanks to Pat @ Forge for all your Help(2thumbs) Awesome customer Service!!!

Just got mine in with the blue spring (no shims) and WOW! The boost response is night and day. Feels like there is no lag. I'm glad I got this!

I ordered black, gota polished in the mail. Oh well LOL. I guess I need some "bling" under the hood. No need for me to install it yet, ms3 is asleep :D

The Forge BPV really does help boost come on quicker and stay on between shifts. It won't show gained peak HP, but if you look at the area under the power curve, there is more total power. I bet just adding the BPV will decrease 1/4 mile times by a couple of tenths or so.

I have a pretty good understanding of turbos and such but does someone want to clarify for me what adding the shims are for, and how the springs make a difference.

Back