Forge BPV Installed

I'm taking my forge off today and putting the stock BPV back on... for now at least. I did a trade + cash for a Turbosmart :D :D :D

Question: What is a device that improves gas flow control to the point that the manifold is pressurized earlier, to a higher peak number, and for a greater portion of the RPM band?

I would accept either "exhaust" or, in this case, "a Forge valve".

No one will argue that an exhaust system can gain power, the same can be said of our valve. A more efficient exhaust decreases restrictions to lower pumping losses. Our valve decreases throughput to lower lost pumping.

Am I going to be the only one that raises the BS flag on this?

When you're flooring it (i.e. when you want to make power), no air is flowing through the BOV/BPV. So how can there be pumping losses through the BOV? Answer: You might as well ask about the pumping losses of the passenger seat.

And it's not like the BPV magically reduces pumping losses through the intercooler. The only way a BOV/BPV makes power is if it fixes a boost leak that shouldn't have been there in the first place.

I'm seriously eager to hear Forge's explanation because otherwise this is probably the worst case of a respected vendor blowing smoke up my ass.

^^^ Curious for a better explanation as well. I don't see any proof anywhere that the stock bypass valves are leaking other than very iffy claims that "it pulls harder".

What I DO see a lot of is people experimenting with different springs and shims to fix surge, etc and lots of threads about people having issues with aftermarket valves that they put on.

I'm not sure if my BPV was leaking or not but with the Forge BPV on, the car does not buck between shifts. The car is much smoother and boost does not drop off badly between shifts as it did with the stocker. I'm not a big fan of the sound it makes but I can put up with it.

it sounds exactly like this:
super-mario-bros.-3-screenshot-coins.jpg

pling!

to me is sounds like coin machine. enough said. I can say one thing, it has taken care of my 2188 and 0300 codes. Which in turn means that my stock bypass valve was indeed leaking and defective.

I'm not sure if my BPV was leaking or not but with the Forge BPV on, the car does not buck between shifts. The car is much smoother and boost does not drop off badly between shifts as it did with the stocker.

I kind of have to agree with this now that I have had the Forge off for almost a week. I definitely felt like the car held boost better with the Forge, I just hope I'll be happy enough w/ the Turbosmart, otherwise I might end up going back to the Forge lol

I kind of have to agree with this now that I have had the Forge off for almost a week. I definitely felt like the car held boost better with the Forge, I just hope I'll be happy enough w/ the Turbosmart, otherwise I might end up going back to the Forge lol

did u switch to turbosmart just for the sound? (omg)

Just rig your horn to play the original Zelda theme and every ride in your car would be a trip down memory lane.

LMAOOO omg that would be so friggin funny...

that would be more epic then the guys that strapped the duck caller onto the VTA hole of their BOV and went revving around town

codes?

to me is sounds like coin machine. enough said. I can say one thing, it has taken care of my 2188 and 0300 codes. Which in turn means that my stock bypass valve was indeed leaking and defective.
mine was sticky and caused erratic boost which i suppose means leaking. I bought the valve because of good feedback from the forum and intelligent responses from patty @ I like the theory of the simple spring adjustment. i had a very nice turbo xs in hand but no one could tell me what adapter I needed. So with the Forge I go. it does what is supposed to do, well. A young fellow around here has a turbo smart valve and that really chings!

Last edited:
I don't know if I should get a forge or a CPE HKS SSQV recir. Both are great valves. Any inputs? Alot of people seem to be happy with forge, but people say hks also makes great products

I've had both. Both are nice valves but the $160 forge works as well as the much more expensive HKS SSQV.

mine was sticky and caused erratic boost which i suppose means leaking. I bought the valve because of good feedback from the forum and intelligent responses from patty @ I like the theory of the simple spring adjustment. i had a very nice turbo xs in hand but no one could tell me what adapter I needed. So with the Forge I go. it does what is supposed to do, well. A young fellow around here has a turbo smart valve and that really chings!

Well you can scratch that 0300 code. But it came back. So now its time to look for leaks and replace the spark plugs...??? Wtf man...

Latest posts

Back