Forge BPV Installed

I've submitted my third redesign of the piston to the UK, should have the prototype in my hand in the next week or two. We just added a third CNC machine and the production department are working 3 shifts a day to meet demand on product so please have patience.

That's what I'm waiting for. I don't like the ping noise either. Look forward to Forge changing that so I can purchase

Not a huge fan of the ping BUT it's a small price to pay for arguably the best BPV valve out there. Naturally, you won't have a gain from it but I do hold boost much better than I did with the stock BPV. It's not more...it just stays gooder longer. :)

Not a huge fan of the ping BUT it's a small price to pay for arguably the best BPV valve out there. Naturally, you won't have a gain from it but I do hold boost much better than I did with the stock BPV. It's not more...it just stays gooder longer. :)

So what you are saying is that you don't believe there is a "peak" improvement, but there is more "area under the curve" with a better valve in place. Is this a fair summary? I like it.
The ping only occurs when I start to get "spirited" in my driving. So I use the sound as an economy tool. If I'm not hearing it, I'm being good to my gas mileage. If I do hear it, I'm not.

I can't be for certain that my stocker wasn't leaking. For me to say I actually improved performance or just regained what I lost is a hard sell.

my valve pings if I let completely off the gas at 0 psi/vac...

(scratching my head) I need 5 psi or so of boost to get the ping. I have seen at least one post where the guy was like "what ping, I don't hear any ping." I have an MSSRI (shortened CAI), the BPV and no other intake/exhaust mods. With the blue spring and no shims or one shim, I get ping at or above the 5 psi or so I mentioned. I also noticed an improvement in cruising vacuum levels. Anybody else see this?

I can't be for certain that my stocker wasn't leaking. For me to say I actually improved performance or just regained what I lost is a hard sell.

Question: What is a device that improves gas flow control to the point that the manifold is pressurized earlier, to a higher peak number, and for a greater portion of the RPM band?

I would accept either "exhaust" or, in this case, "a Forge valve".

No one will argue that an exhaust system can gain power, the same can be said of our valve. A more efficient exhaust decreases restrictions to lower pumping losses. Our valve decreases throughput to lower lost pumping.

Last edited:
I've submitted my third redesign of the piston to the UK, should have the prototype in my hand in the next week or two. We just added a third CNC machine and the production department are working 3 shifts a day to meet demand on product so please have patience.

that would be great! I heard that the forge bpv is one of the best out there and it is definately a very great and affordable price! I just absolutely hate the ping sound. If it was more qhistly like a ghreddy type s then I would be SOLD SOLD SOLD! I may hold off on buying the bpv until it is modified to make a better sound. If you can pm me whenever you have something let me know! Thanks patty!

my valve pings if I let completely off the gas at 0 psi/vac...

After I read this yesterday, on the way home, I paid closer attention and it turns out that any amount of boost is enough in my car to make a ping. It just is so soft at low boost that I didn't hear it before.

I just installed mine. One question, what are the shims for, I mean I know that the shims will obviously shorten w/e spring you use, but what would that accomplish?

It tightens up the spring. It's only if you're running more boost than stock. Keeps the valve from opening too easily.

Then I think I should install one shim considering the CAI and TBE. What do you guys think???

The rule of thumb appears to be that the Forge valve on our engines should have the blue spring. If you have opened up the airflow (new intake for example) then it is a good idea to add a shim. Just in case you weren't sure, the shim goes inside the piston.
As you know, as you compress a spring, it gets firmer as it gets shorter. The addition of the shim precompresses the spring slightly.

i have an intake and test pipe and use the yellow spring w/no shims. i love it.

Back