Forge BPV help

silver_speed6

:
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 Sport
Alright, so I've been running my Forge BPV like this and it runs fine but this isn't how its supposed to look.

0221091402.jpg

0221091405.jpg

As you can see, the tube is at a 45 degree angle, when it should be at a 90 degree angle to the flange. I was told you can adjust it, but as you can see here in the second picture, the holes are in fact ROUND and not HEX. Does anyone know how to fix this??? and yes, I doublechecked the box, it was meant for the MS6, so I didn't get the wrong part.

Kind of confused what your asking. Are you talking about the swiveling hose that attatches to the BPV??

If thats what your talking about than you just unscrew the bpv a little (just to loosten). Then the very end of it with the little nipple to attach the hose will turn.

No, not the little tube that's on the top. I'm talking about the main tube.

See, in this picture of one, the large tube is perpendicular to the flange. So when you mount it, the largest tube connects directly...

FMDVMAZ3.jpg

whereas in mine, when I mount it, I really have to torque it down to get it to mount, and then bend the tube to connect to the hose.

Thats really strange. Ive never seen that before.

Sry I don't know how to help you. You could PM pattyatforge here on the forums. Hes a forge motorsports rep.

silver_speed6,

We have a special tool that we use to remove those lock-rings but you can use either a pair of needle nosed pliers or clip pliers as well. Basically you need to loosen the ring enough to allow the valve body to be positioned correctly and then tighten the lock ring to hold everything in place.

If you don't feel comfortable doing so just send it back to us and we will take care of it.

You're welcome. A second pair of hands helps a bit when you are tightening. Once you place it where you want it and start to tighten the lock ring the body will want to twist, have a friend hold it in place or (this is what I do) set the valve on its side on a table propped up on the discharge port and the "ear" of the flange. As you tighten the table will prevent the body from swiveling...

Back