ForceFed's Project P5 Build Thread

Impressive build!

Some advice. Take it or leave it. :)
I'd give is leave the stock P5 front sway bar. The Racing Beat one will induce a bit of understeer when pushed. I've competed with the P5 one and then the Racing Beat. I went back to the stock one. As far as it being difficult, it's more of a 8 with the engine in. I've done it twice that way (with stiffer AWR motor mounts).

I know you're a retailer for K-sport, but I have a feeling you're going to regret using those, especially for racing purposes. I know at least 2 local people whose K-sports have failed.

I would suggest getting the exhaust manifold ceramic coated. That'll keep the heat in and help the turbo spool quicker.

What are you doing for intercooling? What internals are you running? What compression ratio? Are you doing anything for brakes (upgraded rotors, brake lines, etc)?

Build looks nice Matt. The way its looking ours might be finished around the same time. Did ya buy the fender roller or rent it? If you own it I may have to make a trip back up to Dayton ;)

Subbing, I love build threads. I might make my turbo build thread in a week if anyone wants to see a turbo on an automatic protege.

Lovin the build thus far :D ....one day my yellow beauty will be under the knife like this one when i break down and finally spend the dough.....cause its gonna be mucho dinero as u already know.

Impressive build!

Some advice. Take it or leave it. :)
I'd give is leave the stock P5 front sway bar. The Racing Beat one will induce a bit of understeer when pushed. I've competed with the P5 one and then the Racing Beat. I went back to the stock one. As far as it being difficult, it's more of a 8 with the engine in. I've done it twice that way (with stiffer AWR motor mounts).
I would have considered this...but I already swapped it out..so its staying.
That thing was a ***** to install...Not to mention I loved how my MSP handled...so we will see how it does.
If I need to pull it back out..I will leave that option open.
Rogue said:
I know you're a retailer for K-sport, but I have a feeling you're going to regret using those, especially for racing purposes. I know at least 2 local people whose K-sports have failed.
I hear ya....I have heard good and Bad...I will just try them out and see how they work for me.
This car will not see lot of Drive time..so maybe they will hold up for its limited duty.
Rogue said:
I would suggest getting the exhaust manifold ceramic coated. That'll keep the heat in and help the turbo spool quicker.
The Mani Is coated already.
The Turbo Cold Side is also out right now getting a Heat resistant coating along with the intake piping.
Rogue said:
What are you doing for intercooling?
I will be using the Perrin Replica...When it finally comes in.
Rogue said:
What internals are you running? What compression ratio?
Oliver long Rods, CP 8:1 Pistons, Arp Mains and Rods, Balanced bottom end.
Arp Heads, ARP mani's, Mildly ported head, stock Cams on a GT2860RS turbo mated to the MAM mani.
Rogue said:
Are you doing anything for brakes (upgraded rotors, brake lines, etc)?
I have all SS Brake Lines as well as The CLutch line too for now.
As soon As I get the bugs worked out..the brakes will be addressed and upgraded.

These is what i call love and dedication for a mazda... Congrats ForceFed, you have done and doing an insane amount of work, keep those mods rolling..

(2thumbs) Wow, just wow. Such planning and organization!!

I wish I had been knowledgeable enough when I started to plan out and do even half the things right the first time.

Truly setting the bar high. Awesome!(cool)

(doh)(doh)(boobs2)(boobs2)(boobs2) (doh)(doh)

Subbing, I love build threads. I might make my turbo build thread in a week if anyone wants to see a turbo on an automatic protege.

I do! I am too!

(drive)

If you do plan on racing it when you get it all put together you should definitely come out to kilkare one weekend. You can check worscca.org and mvscc's website for event dates, they usually end up being twice monthish.

These is what i call love and dedication for a mazda... Congrats ForceFed, you have done and doing an insane amount of work, keep those mods rolling..
Thansk you good sir...I will try my best to make this a Beast.

(2thumbs) Wow, just wow. Such planning and organization!!

I wish I had been knowledgeable enough when I started to plan out and do even half the things right the first time.

Truly setting the bar high. Awesome!
Thanks.
I learned from my MSP the first time around...and since this has never been a Driver or DD for me..Taking my time has been easy.

If you do plan on racing it when you get it all put together you should definitely come out to kilkare one weekend. You can check worscca.org and mvscc's website for event dates, they usually end up being twice monthish.
I will be hitting up the local tracks..I used to live at Kilare fo the drags...Test and tune is my friend.

i see those IC's are in and he has them ready to ship!
I know..I saw that and I cant wait!

badass man. inspiring me to start my build again.. well start to finish it. just gotta get the money up and around! grrr.. good luck.

Got a Few of my Powdercoated pieces back today....

Water pipes, Water Neck, Radiator Brackets...All Gloss Black.

Lots more to come of this stuff.

P5%20Powdercoating%20005.jpg

Also Picked up some new Lugs....
Red Spline Drives.
These should look good on the RX8 Wheels since most of the Lug is exposed.

Small little things that make that finishing touch.
Pffff...Like I am even close to that.

Red%20Spline%20Lugs1.jpg

Red%20Spline%20Lugs2.jpg

Last edited:
damn forcey...why you gotta be like 100,000,000upping me on my build! hahaha, but seriously...looks awesome man, truly i wish/had plans to do all of this to my p5 but there is a lack of funds....Anyways good luck my friend!

I can just imagine how sick this will look when put together, all sooo clean.

damn forcey...why you gotta be like 100,000,000upping me on my build! hahaha, but seriously...looks awesome man, truly i wish/had plans to do all of this to my p5 but there is a lack of funds....Anyways good luck my friend!
Trust me..I started making a SPreadsheet for money spent on this project....with an end goal of bout $8K in mind including the car....Bwahahahahaaaaa....Don't know what the hell I was thinking.
I stopped adding parts..It ade me sad to see what this was costing me...More than I paid for my MSP.

But on the up side...when its done..its paid for..no financing on this as there was on the MSP.

I can just imagine how sick this will look when put together, all sooo clean.
That is exactly what I am going for...Clean.
Thanks

Nice powder coated parts. Who did those for you?
A buddy of mine....They Fabricate racing wheels and they do Ther PC'ing in house..he did these for me along with a few other things.

I actually have some stuff up north in Huron Getting coated right now as well.

Staight up pure badass fantasy build everyone dreams of. Congrats, carry on, keep the pics flowing.

Back