Fog Lights+pics

Hey guys,

I have a Mazda 3 sport and I got some 8000k's recently installed on my low beams.

When my low's are on, so are the fog lights; and they are still the stock halogen bulbs. I'm not a huge fan of yellow bulbs and I don't know if I should get some PIAA's or Silverstar Ultra's put in. I'll post some pics up.

Let me know what you guys think and post some pics if you have any :p

id like to see some to! im looking at getting the yellow lamin-x layovers for my fogs! :)

go with the silverstar ultras! they put off such a nice clean bright white color

no! the yellow layovers are nasty! if your car is silver you should totally get like smoke or charcoal layovers

go with the silverstar ultras! they put off such a nice clean bright white color

no! the yellow layovers are nasty! if your car is silver you should totally get like smoke or charcoal layovers

i thought about it lol, got any pics? will those look good with my stock hids?

why dont you just get a DDM hid kit for your fogs? that way you can get whatever color you want.

Maybe a set of 8k's to match your lows

I LOVE my lamin-x yellow fogs. Lamin-x is a great product just don't buy precut stuff. It works better if you cut it yourself.

I did two layers this time around. With just one layer and a white bulb it makes a very pale yellow looking light at night. Now it is nice and yellow.

002-5.jpg

003-3.jpg

ON.

005-4.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks man. (2thumbs) It's coming along nicely. I just need to get a few things painted and decide what front lip I want to buy. I like the OEM one for the 07-09 models.

tascaparts.com sells them cheaper at $448 shipped. I just have other things I need to spend $$ on right now.

chef, you just double layered your yellow lamin x on your fogs?? and i thought they all come pre-cut (when your order for a specific light on your car) not just a general light cut out

chef, you just double layered your yellow lamin x on your fogs?? and i thought they all come pre-cut (when your order for a specific light on your car) not just a general light cut out

They sell pieces in a lot of different sizes too. I just measure what I want to cover and get a piece that is oversize so I have to cut it down. On the lamin-x website it is under universal sheets.

so chef, thats as low as the H&R's go? what coilover (entry level >$1500) goes the lowest

I think H&R is one of the lowest. KW V2's give the same drop. Stance coilovers don't fit right from what I have heard and I don't think they go any lower either.

BC coilovers sells an extreme drop package that uses shorter strut units and springs. They don't say how far they will go but they are probably lower than all the other ones.

Yea. your front looks perfect but the rear sits a little high (atleast it looks like it in pics) if it had the same height as the front it would be perfect.

Last edited:
Yeah I think it is possible to even things out at max low but I am probably not trying this season. Maybe in the spring.

If all else fails I could contact H&R and see if they will make me a set of shorter springs. LOL

I LOVE my lamin-x yellow fogs. Lamin-x is a great product just don't buy precut stuff. It works better if you cut it yourself.

I did two layers this time around. With just one layer and a white bulb it makes a very pale yellow looking light at night. Now it is nice and yellow.

002-5.jpg

003-3.jpg

ON.

005-4.jpg

I just bought a 6000k HID kit for my low beams and was thinking about changing my fog lights to yellow... (doing the yellow film).. would that look weird on a white Mazda3 hatch? or what color fog lights would look good... any suggestions would be great!!

I would try different colors^
Someone on here has orange film on their foglights if i recall it looks super sick. Its a white hatch too

Wow that's an old picture of my car. I have 2 layers of yellow lamin-x on them now and they are nice and yellow when they are off and when they are on now. I do want some 3k fog bulbs eventually though but it can wait a bit.

Back