Fm modulator .. static

Shane5425

Contributor
:
2011 Mustang GT
I hooked up my fm modulator to my ps2 so i can have a an input for my deck, Alpine cda9825

i have static in the back ground , it is like when u cant catch a station u get static, ... that kind of static.. the sound is not of high quality either, . i have the ps2 rca connecter directly into the noise filter, then to fm mod.

i grounded the wire on the ground wires by the fuse box , in the lower kickpanel by the driverside feet by the door.

i have run out of ideas of what is causing this ...

shaneMazda2000P said:
You already said yourself what is causing it...Its an FM modulator...they are not known for sound quality...Especially not if they are a cheap one.
Matt

shaneMazda2000P said:
I hooked up my fm modulator to my ps2 so i can have a an input for my deck, Alpine cda9825

i have static in the back ground , it is like when u cant catch a station u get static, ... that kind of static.. the sound is not of high quality either, . i have the ps2 rca connecter directly into the noise filter, then to fm mod.

i grounded the wire on the ground wires by the fuse box , in the lower kickpanel by the driverside feet by the door.

Do you have a cd changer or any other ai net device in the vehicle?

i have no ai net devices, the input thing from alpine is 150 dollars, for the ainet stuff,
i got audiovox's fm modulator, made to go with the tv i have ... but the sound is bad.. if i move the ground, Could that help???

Latest posts

Back