Fluid Change Meet

Skywlkr

:
2007 Toyota 4Runner Sport
I just pasted the 50k mark on the 4Runner and think it's time to change out the fluids.
I was thinking Late Septmeber/ early October (Oct. 11th if we do it in Waterford).

I can do it at my condo (Bristol, CT) anytime, or travel to someone else's garage or I'll be housesitting my folks (Waterford, CT Oct. 11th). The only issue with that is I'm limited on what tools are available there.

My initial list is:

Differential (both front and rear) and Transfer Case Fluids: www.toyota-4runner.org/maintenance/...ntial-transfer-case-fluids-pics-included.html

Transmition Flush and Fill: www.toyota-4runner.org/maintenance/42071-diy-non-sealed-transmission-service-4th-gen-t4rs-prior.html

Spark Plugs: NGK Iridium IX Part #LFR6AIX-11

Transfer case fill gasket 90430-18008
Transfer case drain gasket 90430-18008
Front differential fill gasket 12157-10010
Front differential drain gasket 90430-24003
Rear differenyial fill gasket 12157-10010
Rear differential drain gasket 12157-10010

Any other suggestions?

I'll finalized the detail in this first post once I get some feedback from everyone.

oh and don't forget I own a toyota now, so make sure you're okay with touching a non-mazda before you sign up lol

Last edited:
Should coolant be flushed?

Not sure what you're asking Josh, but coolant should be done at a garage where they have the proper equipement to properly flush and dispose of the old coolant which is toxic. Not something that should be done at a meet in my opinion.

Not sure what you're asking Josh, but coolant should be done at a garage where they have the proper equipement to properly flush and dispose of the old coolant which is toxic. Not something that should be done at a meet in my opinion.

Thats why I was asking. I had thought the same thing, but didn't know if you guys had done it before.

Bruce, I notice you just flushed the brakes on your wifes car. Should I look at doing that? I know they did the pads and ground the rotors when I bought the truck (I made them do it), but don't know if they did anything with the fluid.

Tranny Fluid, Toyota uses a WS Transmission Fluid. Should I pick up theirs from the stealship or can I use an alternate that won't give me any warranty issues?

Might be a warranty issue if you do it yourself and not the dealer. Some are picky that way.

I flushed the P5 coolant at Mark's a few years back. We just captured all the old fluid and bottled it up.

I'm at 65K on the MS6 and haven't done it yet. Do you think it's due?

No... The coolant in the MS6 is good for 100k and then every 35k or so after I believe. It says it in the owner's manual.

That's what I thought, but the dealership was hassling me about it again and I wanted to make sure.

Bruce, I notice you just flushed the brakes on your wifes car. Should I look at doing that? I know they did the pads and ground the rotors when I bought the truck (I made them do it), but don't know if they did anything with the fluid.

Tranny Fluid, Toyota uses a WS Transmission Fluid. Should I pick up theirs from the stealship or can I use an alternate that won't give me any warranty issues?

Most vehicles in normal use need the brake fluid changed after 2 years. i noticed a huge improvement in the Focus yesterday and a noticable change in the Miata when I did it earlier this year. Pretty simple to do as long as the bleeders aren't stuck.

Your manual should state what the transmission fluid type is. See where you can get it. As long as it meets the specs you should be fine.

Does it need a filter? I assume we are talking about the auto trans in the SUV Luke? SHould look up somewhere and see what the procedures are. So are not a simple drain and fill.

Most vehicles in normal use need the brake fluid changed after 2 years. i noticed a huge improvement in the Focus yesterday and a noticable change in the Miata when I did it earlier this year. Pretty simple to do as long as the bleeders aren't stuck.

Your manual should state what the transmission fluid type is. See where you can get it. As long as it meets the specs you should be fine.

Does it need a filter? I assume we are talking about the auto trans in the SUV Luke? SHould look up somewhere and see what the procedures are. So are not a simple drain and fill.

Yes I was talking aboutthe auto trans in the SUV and the filter. I have found the DIY on the 4 Runner forum and its not a tough thing to do.

Latest posts

Back