fitting mazda 6 wheels on an MSP.

Warlock2X

:
2008 Honda Civic SI
i acquired a set of these pretty clean 04 mazda 6 wheels 17x7 +60 offset and was wondering if anyone has put these on an msp. we put on on the car to see if it would fit but were not for sure becasue we dont have any tires on them. i got them for free and i think theyd make sick auto-x wheels. or good sleeper wheels if i decide to go no spoiler.

mazda6wheel.jpg

some have put those onto the protege5, which has less clearance in the rear. they should fit just fine on a mazdaspeed. i would like to get a set of those, but i am concerned about the weight. my car likes really light rims. (like the stock ES rims)

Yeah I've been dying to sell my summer wheels/tires to get some of those. I thought they were narrower than 7 inches for some reason, and that offset seems awfully high. I'd be rubbing my struts on 205/40/17 tires with that offset.

The clearance on the rear you speak of is fender clearance which is less on the P5 but at 60mm I'm pretty sure you will need some spacers to pull them out away from the strut. You might just squeak by with some 205's. Just be aware that one tire company's 205 may have a more squared profile than another making it wider at the tread.

njaremka said:
some have put those onto the protege5, which has less clearance in the rear. they should fit just fine on a mazdaspeed. i would like to get a set of those, but i am concerned about the weight. my car likes really light rims. (like the stock ES rims)

tried them out today

went to a local tire shop and got a tire mounted for $7 and the tire worked great in the front but didnt try it in the back im in a sedan som im sure it will fit. and i had the stock size tire 215/45/17 they fit great and its now my full size spare and when i get 3 more tires theyll be my autox wheels.

Back