First mod?

perfecto said:
Looks like Phantom Blue to me.

Perfecto:

Thanks on that......only one I have seen for real is Carbon Gray (plus a Strato Blue 3 (same color as a 5 I guess) at the local dealer) and the colors at various internet sites for Phantom Blue are all over the place.

Unfortunately it is 85 miles to the next dealer that has a Phantom Blue in stock and it is not the model/options I want.

Phantom Blue is looking better each time I see it.

Yup - Phantom - yesterday in full sunlight it was looking very green metallic - pics look quite blue though - I guess it's hard to capture the color on film (well not really on film....) since it's so dependent on light.

Tomorrow I have the day off and I'm gonna give it a good wax.

- ceril

anarchistchiken said:
Be sure to change the break-in oil at 1,000 miles
I was pretty surprised when they gave me the maintenance schedule that it had a 1,000mi service.

vizeta said:
my first mod will be hookup a pair of thick wire from battary in engine bay to the center arm rest. I need direct power from battery for my 400w 12v to 110v transformer. I need that for my baby's milk steam warmer. it takes 300Watts, so i cannot use the interior AC outlet which can up 10A max.

If the interior AC outlet can handle 10A at 110V, that's 1100 watts. Should be more than enough to run your milk steamer.

goldwing2000 said:
If the interior AC outlet can handle 10A at 110V, that's 1100 watts. Should be more than enough to run your milk steamer.

Don't most modern cars run a 12v electrical system? You'd need a pretty big amp to make 1100 watts.

anarchistchiken said:
Don't most modern cars run a 12v electrical system? You'd need a pretty big amp to make 1100 watts.

Pay attention, please. We're talking about a 110V AC (alternating current) outlet that quite a few "modern cars" come with these days. These operate by means of a power inverter that converts the 12VDC that your alternator generates into 110VAC for use with common houshold appliances. If the 110VAC outlet is rated at 10A, then it will operate up to 1100 watts (110V*10A=1100W).

1100W is easier to make with AC than it is with DC. That's why Thomas Edison's DC houshold current never caught on. It required too much effort to transmit it over long distances.

Got the windows tinted

Got the windows tinted this week - not sure if I got a good pic - the car was just too shiny!! Reflected too much light. I'm happy with the result. Now if I could just find a good roof rack and a rear bumper cover I'll be set.

Attachments

• DSCN3873.JPG
    DSCN3873.JPG
    619.6 KB · Views: 256
  • DSCN3875.JPG
    DSCN3875.JPG
    608.9 KB · Views: 207
  • DSCN3876.JPG
    DSCN3876.JPG
    503.7 KB · Views: 200
  • DSCN3878.JPG
    DSCN3878.JPG
    405 KB · Views: 214
Tint cost me $185. I got 20% done - looks really dark from the outside - but from the inside looking out - it doesn't seem much darker than stock.

Last edited:
Nice! Dealer put one on my car. (hi) Same color too. Maybe they have been ebaying them on the side.

Attachments

• zoom_zoom.jpg
    zoom_zoom.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 200
miatafied said:
Got the windows tinted this week - not sure if I got a good pic - the car was just too shiny!! Reflected too much light. I'm happy with the result. Now if I could just find a good roof rack and a rear bumper cover I'll be set.

OK. Tint looks great and DVD is nice. How 'bout bolt on extra HP mod's? Tried to buy one this weekend (AT Touring) but everything on the ground has the Nav system. Dealer could be lying (Probably is) but said Mazda screwed up the number on w/Nav vs. w/o Nav. Said they can make changes once they arrive (Don't believe that either).

I liked driving it. Had 3 adults and all was well until the beltway on ramp, drop the hammer test. Wasn't bad and if it was a toyota I'd probaly be happy. I guess I'm looking for that ZoomZoom!! First Mazda. Said I should have it in two weeks tops.

I can't wait till someone gives up those rims :)

goldwing2000 said:
Pay attention, please. We're talking about a 110V AC (alternating current) outlet that quite a few "modern cars" come with these days. These operate by means of a power inverter that converts the 12VDC that your alternator generates into 110VAC for use with common houshold appliances. If the 110VAC outlet is rated at 10A, then it will operate up to 1100 watts (110V*10A=1100W).

1100W is easier to make with AC than it is with DC. That's why Thomas Edison's DC houshold current never caught on. It required too much effort to transmit it over long distances.

Specs on this accessory outlet clearly state 10A @ 12V = 120W

perfecto said:
So, Mazda5 owners or future owners... what is going to be your first "mod" to the 5?

I'm personally going to tint the back 5 windows (not allowed to tint the front 3 in my Province) first, and then I might look into some other mods like a strut bar or maybe sway bars... :)

Tinted windows (20% for the rear 5 windows, 50% in the front 2)
2 7" Headrest Monitors
1 DVD Player
1 Playstation
1 10" Subs in the spare area (tossing out the spare..no need for spare)
2 Amplifiers (1 for subs, 1 for highs/Mids)

19" Inch Rims
Lowering Springs (this may take awhile)

And that's it. No performance mods needed since it's going to be my mini-mini-Van to shuttle the kids and groceries.

Back