Feeling Unsafe Now.....

bushsss

:
MAZDA CX-7
I recently purchased a cx-7 and have read all threads about turbo lag's and TSB's....While on a long trip I pulled out into traffic and realized my get-up and go had gone it took 3-4 seconds for the truck to finally sling shot me out of harms way second time my truck made a clicking sound almost stalling blowing black smoke out the the back, and yes dealer has it right now saying tsb is now done and no other problems found drove truck again wwwwweeeellll lets just say mazda is going to buy the truck back due to this saftey issue while pulling out into traffic and really having to move fast,3-4 second delay is not worth my wifes life........and body else have or seen this yet?

I recently purchased a cx-7 and have read all threads about turbo lag's and TSB's....While on a long trip I pulled out into traffic and realized my get-up and go had gone it took 3-4 seconds for the truck to finally sling shot me out of harms way second time my truck made a clicking sound almost stalling blowing black smoke out the the back, and yes dealer has it right now saying tsb is now done and no other problems found drove truck again wwwwweeeellll lets just say mazda is going to buy the truck back due to this saftey issue while pulling out into traffic and really having to move fast,3-4 second delay is not worth my wifes life........and body else have or seen this yet?

I've had mine for about 14 months now and experienced that twice when I first took ownership. I have never had it happen again. I don't know if it was due to the car being new or was corrected with the flashes.

Longest run-on sentence I've seen in a year. I feel your pain but, having your car bought back? I would try to duplacate this on a lonely road and see if it will do it again. If it does it again then to the dealer for sure. This is not what people are talking about a 1-2 second lag but you say 3-4 seconds. Really sounds like poor gas and/or in need of a ECU update.

I've had mine for about 14 months now and experienced that twice when I first took ownership. I have never had it happen again. I don't know if it was due to the car being new or was corrected with the flashes.

As with any car, you alter your driving habits in the first 1000 miles or so; particularly if you have never driven a turbo before. At this point, I don't even notice the lag. Likely I am giving gas before I actually need to launch.

To the OP: See how the reflash does you, but if not; good luck getting Mazda (or any car company) to buy your car back. You'll need it...

I know that my MS6 and the CX7 have the same 2.3 DISI in it and I have experienced this hiccup as well. I agree with the setting of the ECU when you first start driving it. When I first got mine, I was somewhat heavy footed and it would hiccup under hard acceleration at low RPM's. I unplugged my battery to reset the ECU and drove like a grandma for a week. I haven't had it occur since. I would also think about going to a higher octane gas. You can get by on 87 but should feel a difference using a higher grade.

when did the cx-7 become a truck? haha

I realize its probably a large portion of turbo lag, but could this also have something to do with the electronically controlled throttle (or whatever its called)? That always makes me wary... you know, like... I'm pressing the gas all the way down, but it REALLY doesn't feel like it on some starts.

I realize the 2.3l 4cyl before the turbo kicks in really isn't enough to move the cx-7, but is there really not enough hp/torque from 0-2500rpm to get it going sometimes at full throttle, or is it just limiting it because of electronics?

I would hope he's not using 87 octane. That's not an option with the 2007 CX-7. Although, that would certainly cause the lack of power issue that he is experiencing.

i just learned from a stop to just slowly push the gas for the first second or two, and than push it all the way.. and i find gives me better acceleration that way..

sounds completely related to detonation and non-related to turbo lag. It might have been turbo lag if the power delivery was slow to come in arond 2 seconds. But, 3-4 secs + the smoke etc, detonation. When this happened in my 7, the computer shut the car off on me each time.

I found that if you go from idle to WOT, the car will hesitate before accelerating. I ran into this when I tried to cross a busy road. Not a fun situation. Since that experience, I tried some tests off road and found that a quick hit to 1/2 throttle then to the floor produced the best acceleration. It avoids the dreaded bog.

I found that if you go from idle to WOT, the car will hesitate before accelerating. I ran into this when I tried to cross a busy road. Not a fun situation. Since that experience, I tried some tests off road and found that a quick hit to 1/2 throttle then to the floor produced the best acceleration. It avoids the dreaded bog.

even if hes flooring it, a 3-4 second hesitation is not turbo lag in the 7.

i had that happen to me in a toyota highlander. i was making a right turn on red, and there was traffic coming, and i floored it to make the turn.

longest 3 secs of my life ever. nothing like hearing the engine rev up and not moving while a truck barrels down the street

when did the cx-7 become a truck? haha

I realize its probably a large portion of turbo lag, but could this also have something to do with the electronically controlled throttle (or whatever its called)? That always makes me wary... you know, like... I'm pressing the gas all the way down, but it REALLY doesn't feel like it on some starts.

I realize the 2.3l 4cyl before the turbo kicks in really isn't enough to move the cx-7, but is there really not enough hp/torque from 0-2500rpm to get it going sometimes at full throttle, or is it just limiting it because of electronics?

Most of what we are experiencing is due to the electronics.

The ECU does not give you WOT until beyond 2500 rpms and even then it is not a quick opening of the throttle. The reflash of the ECU has it opening the throttle more earlier but still not a wam bam full boost and full throttle thing.

I turn the TCS off and power jack the car over 3,000 before taking off if quick acceleration is needed.

What he is listing above sounds like he filled up with low octane to save money in a car with high compression and high boost and then it predetonated like crazy. I am surprised the computer did not shut it down.

I would hope he's not using 87 octane. That's not an option with the 2007 CX-7. Although, that would certainly cause the lack of power issue that he is experiencing.
Picked up the suv for the third time today.(period)Work order still states same conclusion.(period)And I am aware of the need of high octane I did read a about that being a MUST.(period)I do understand the lag its just not what you want to tell your family she must count 3-4 seconds before pushing the gas.Now under normal pulling out from a road its fine its that of my god I just pulled out in front of some one wheres the GO one two three may be four OHHHH there it is.Any way we really love mazda we are gone to probably step up the CX-9, we test drove it and its more of what my wife is used to feeling on the pedal,Oh i also test drove another CX-7 right off the truck I still felt the same concerns but not as bad.Thanks to all who responded thought I was alone on this but mazda is aware of this,thanks

The "lag" is about a 1/2 second, not 3 or 4. You have another issue.

If you are using premium, I'd suspect bad gas or a watered down premium. I would try a different brand. I had been using 76 (Conoco Phillips) for a long time before picking up my CX but found out it didn't like that brand. Been using Shell and Chevron and all is well now on the detonation front.

Back