favorite metal bands

I cant believe nobody mentioned Death... (if you dont know who Death is, you really need to kill yourself)

some of you need to go back to metal school.. and take metal-101.

Marduk. Malevolent Creation. Rigor Mortis. Kreator. Sadus. Rotting Christ. Immortal. Dissection. Amon Amarth. Satyricon. Tankard. At The Gates. Behemoth. Exodus. Toxic Holocaust. Blitzkrieg. The Crown. Dark Angel. Accept. Morbid Angel. Nile. Overkill. Metal Church. Pestilence. Pungent Stench. Krisiun. Judas Priest. Incubus. WAR. Wehrmacht. Carcass. Ulver. Vader. Tourniquet. Hypocrisy. Holy Terror. GWAR. Anthrax. Impaled Nazarene. Mayhem. Megadeth. Testament. Obituary. Suffocation. Vehemence. W.A.S.P. anyone? Buehler.. Buehler..

Metal 101.

That's a pretty decent list you got there!

Can add: My Dying Bride, Moonspell, Nevermore, Bathory, Burzum, Emperor, Arcturus, In The Woods...........etc.

GrandBelialKey said:
I cant believe nobody mentioned Death... (if you dont know who Death is, you really need to kill yourself)

some of you need to go back to metal school.. and take metal-101.

Marduk. Malevolent Creation. Rigor Mortis. Kreator. Sadus. Rotting Christ. Immortal. Dissection. Amon Amarth. Satyricon. Tankard. At The Gates. Behemoth. Exodus. Toxic Holocaust. Blitzkrieg. The Crown. Dark Angel. Accept. Morbid Angel. Nile. Overkill. Metal Church. Pestilence. Pungent Stench. Krisiun. Judas Priest. Incubus. WAR. Wehrmacht. Carcass. Ulver. Vader. Tourniquet. Hypocrisy. Holy Terror. GWAR. Anthrax. Impaled Nazarene. Mayhem. Megadeth. Testament. Obituary. Suffocation. Vehemence. W.A.S.P. anyone? Buehler.. Buehler..

Metal 101.

Six pages so far and not 1 mention of Black Label Society? I'm shocked. Zakk Wylde is the man. Best guitarist alive (and still playing) IMO. He does the hard and heavy sh!t, but can still mellow out and play melodic songs (ala Book of Shadows). Every CD kicks ass. Check 'em out if you haven't already.

tool
deftones
as i lay dying
slipknot
rage against the machine
every new day
atreyu

wow old thread heh...since it's getting back into the groove...sounding old here...Led Zep, Jimmy Hendrix, OLD SCHOOL tallica, Ozzy, old NIN, old Rage, Danzig, pantera, Type O Negative/Carnivore, Disturbed, System of a Down, old Tool...Ratt...Dio...super old heavier stuff from Queensryche, man...i don't think i can headbang anymore...so sad...hee hee...

Last edited:
Has anybody mentioned the most Metal band EVAR!!
MANOWAR

mp3moose said:
Haha, Incubus??! Are you kidding me?!
Incubus is a metal band.... their albums are called "serpent temptation" and "beyond the unknown" - both brutal, killer old school metal albums, you should check them out.

if you like Opeth, you should check out "bloodbath" it's the singer, guitarist and drummer from opeth... and the music is better.

pingdum said:
Has anybody mentioned the most Metal band EVAR!!
I'm surprised I didnt think of them in my short-list of metal bands... who could forget Manowar... (headshake my bad.

Canecreekfreak said:
Six pages so far and not 1 mention of Black Label Society? I'm shocked. Zakk Wylde is the man. Best guitarist alive (and still playing) IMO. He does the hard and heavy sh!t, but can still mellow out and play melodic songs (ala Book of Shadows). Every CD kicks ass. Check 'em out if you haven't already.
I could only get into his acoustic stuff... I'm not a fan of his singing or his ozzy-esque songwriting. but I also think the riff from "No more tears" is one of the best riffs in history.

Or if you just like the vocalist from Opeth, check out some of the earlier Katatonia releases.

GrandBelialKey said:
if you like Opeth, you should check out "bloodbath" it's the singer, guitarist and drummer from opeth... and the music is better.

Back