Falken Srpings on MSP

susamafone

lil' red
:
Red '03.5 Protege5
It was about a 6 week ordeal, but we finally got springs installed on cmahlig's car. heres a short synopsis of why it took so long:

we got the rear springs installed first and while we were finishing up in the back, cmahlig was taking off the front tires. instead of loosening the lug nuts, he was actually tightening them. anyways, ended up messing the key up for the wheel lock.

few weeks later he gets the new wheel lock key in and we tackle the front. got the left side all good, but rounded off the nut for the endlink on the right side. crap.

another couple of weeks later, we both have some free time and we go down to a muffler shop thats not to far from my house, get them to pull off the rounded lug nut, and finally get everything done. here are a few pics of the finished product.

DSC01735.jpg

DSC01737.jpg

DSC01736.jpg

DSC01734.jpg

DSC01733.jpg

looks good.....i will be putting the falkens on my msp in the near future also

Nice work. DOne a few spring installs on proteges now myself.

You can actually do them without removing the endlinks. You can swing the whole strut out of the way. They are always terrible to get off and sometimes you need to cut them.

Looks about right! Gotta love a good drop.

R

Thanks guys. After an exhausting ordeal with these springs, mostly my fault, we got them on and the drop is sick! Its a perfect drop both front and back and the front still sits high enough to not scrape on anything. Its about one finger width both front and back. The ride is a little bit stiffer than stock but its only noticeable when you go over uneven bumps or speedbumps. Great product and I wish these guys were still around.

Gbourdon said:
Nice work. DOne a few spring installs on proteges now myself.

You can actually do them without removing the endlinks. You can swing the whole strut out of the way. They are always terrible to get off and sometimes you need to cut them.

That takes me back. When I did my install I did the left front one that way. And I got overconfident and snapped an endlink on the next one I did. It was priceless.

Back